Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the trucks starting to crawl off the assembly line I decided to take a deep dive into the owners manual. I stopped at page 55. Looking at the features like hitch receiver location brought to mind a question that needs answering about charging when towing something like a travel trailer. All the charge locations I have seen so far are "pull-in" spots. So what do you do, unhitch the trailer to fit the truck in the spot so the drive through is not blocked by the trailer? I have yet to see any drive through charge stations. inquiring minds wish to know...

·
Registered
439 Posts
With the trucks starting to crawl off the assembly line I decided to take a deep dive into the owners manual. I stopped at page 55. Looking at the features like hitch receiver location brought to mind a question that needs answering about charging when towing something like a travel trailer. All the charge locations I have seen so far are "pull-in" spots. So what do you do, unhitch the trailer to fit the truck in the spot so the drive through is not blocked by the trailer? I have yet to see any drive through charge stations. inquiring minds wish to know...
They are planning on some drive through spots in the RAN where space permits to accommodate this. I know the first RAN location in Colorado did have 1 spot that would accommodate a trailer.

That being said, for the most part, most likely it is going to be a disconnect or some clever maneuvering in order to charge while towing.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
@Moto Geezer I asked Rivian about it and this is what they told me:

"That's a great question and something that our charging teams have taken into consideration for our Rivian Adventure Network locations! The Rivian Adventure Network chargers will have slots available that you can pull through with a trailer so that you don't need to unhitch the trailer as you mentioned."

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tesla super chargers usually have one odd station that you can park alongside. They are making changes for cybertruck and semi to new installs
R1T front charging port make make some location more accessible without disconnecting by bending around an island. More change to come

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.