Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this was discussed about 5 months ago on the forum, but there was no solid answer. Anyone know yet if trade-ins are going to be possible?

- MB

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nothing yet, but...

How Rivian's vehicle trade-in program should work is through a third party. I think its the best starting point for them as a new automaker in order to minimize the downside and have even more of a competitive edge.

Tesla, Ford, GM, and more are all entering the segment and around the same time. The last thing Rivian wants to do is make the purchase process any harder than it should be.

Maybe one of us can reach out to them?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Nothing set in stone yet but I imagine Cox Automotive is going to be heavily involved with how Rivian handles trade-ins.

Cox Automotive has a number of specialties, such as logistics, fleet management and service and digital retailing, which is the back-end retail support that a company selling and servicing vehicles will need. For instance, Cox Automotive launched in January a fleet services brand called Pivet that handles the task management, including everything from in-fleeting, de-fleeting, cleaning, detailing, fueling and charging, to maintenance, storage, parking and logistics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts