Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Brought my R1t home last Thursday! Loving it. Build quality is very good.

One thing I wondered - especially for other NorCal folks - I am not seeing traffic in the maps app, really needed in my area! Anyone know the scoop on traffic display?

Thanks,

GEON

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It works. It only shows when there is heavy traffic. Road will turn yellow or red, depending on severity. I wish they’d include green for when traffic info is available but unincumbered.
OK, cool, have been in a full on stop and go yet, but it wasn't showing any difference. Got spoiled by Tesla's maps that were pretty accurate.

Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I sincerely wanna love everything about my R1T... but not to mince words. The Nav system sucks. Directions are rarely accurate or even logical on how to get somewhere. Traffic is not current or useful, Alexa integration is marginal (I've asked for her to set destinations many times only to have the system launch the nav app with no destination - so I need to pull over and manually type in the address). The lack of waypoints on the Tesla has driven me crazy for years. I wish that's all that was wrong with the Rivian.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts