Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post. Preordered about a week ago.
Does anyone have any info on the turning radius? I found one article suggesting it would be potentially better than small cars. I know about tank turn, but that can’t be used on pavement. I am tired of trying to park my Nissan Titan. I was “done with trucks”, but the R1T made me reconsider. It is 217” long compared to my 225” Titan. Hoping all 4 wheels turn and the turning circle will be small. Any inside info from anyone? (If it’s hard to park-I might get a model Y instead). Thanks!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Welcome @Nick4EV!

The R1T without tank turn should be about 20-30 feet.
"But it looks like the R1T will be able to turn in a smaller radius than even a Smart car, BMW i3, or any other number of small city cars which benefit from better maneuverability. The Rivian is about 18 feet long, and the best turning radius from these tiny cars is typically 20-30 feet."

I think we should at least get some inbetween feature, like rear wheel steer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks eHauler. That was the article I was thinking of. I really hope the article is correct.

·
Registered
564 Posts
If I were a betting man I'd say it should be more maneuverable than the Titan. Did you have the short wheelbase or long wheelbase one @Nick4EV ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts