Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
241 Posts
This is a good one. I am always wondering how big the R1S is gonna be compared to the X. It seems it's way bigger though the dimensions itself don't show that. The box shape really makes a difference.

·
Registered
R1S Launch Edition
35 Posts
Great catch. We had an X so look forward to the Rivian being larger in cabin primary/2nd row seating for sure. The X was ok but not that roomy. The back seats in 6 seat version were way too skinny as well and close to FWDs. We got rid of it since build quality was horrrrrrrid!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great catch. We had an X so look forward to the Rivian being larger in cabin primary/2nd row seating for sure. The X was ok but not that roomy. The back seats in 6 seat version were way too skinny as well and close to FWDs. We got rid of it since build quality was horrrrrrrid!
Yep, the dumbest idea was putting Falcon Wing Doors on a car. That was the biggest waste of money on that vehicle and should’ve been scrapped as an idea. Had one for a a week and loved the way it drove but the falcon doors stopped me from buying it.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yep, the dumbest idea was putting Falcon Wing Doors on a car. That was the biggest waste of money on that vehicle and should’ve been scrapped as an idea. Had one for a a week and loved the way it drove but the falcon doors stopped me from buying it.
I'm surprised they didn't remove the falcon wing doors on the refreshed X that has been announced.

·
Registered
R1S Launch Edition
35 Posts
I'm surprised they didn't remove the falcon wing doors on the refreshed X that has been announced.
Yeah, seems really only the front end was refreshed again, rest of the external body is the same so easier to just keep them at this point and only re-engineer the plastic up front, not the aluminum body parts, seals, etc. Their "refresh" isn't a drastic body update it seems like most vendors, especially on the X

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, seems really only the front end was refreshed again, rest of the external body is the same so easier to just keep them at this point and only re-engineer the plastic up front, not the aluminum body parts, seals, etc. Their "refresh" isn't a drastic body update it seems like most vendors, especially on the X
I totally agree! Everybody complained about those doors and I think it killed 60-70% of their sales. That car would have been much more popular. Same thing Apple did — “we will not go to bigger phones!!!!” Yet when they did it was triple the amount of units sold in the quarter of those phones than ever before. Some times companies and their leaders put on blinders. Elon has on blinders with the model x and the cyber truck but since he can he will be stubborn. Look at the mustang Mach-e. It’s very nice and with the Tesla computer would be a knock out! According to early testing it seems Ford has under estimated the mileage so when they say 300 they are trying hard to hit that number. For looks and interior it has Tesla best by a long way. However, Tesla has the correct view on its computer technology, auto pilot and FSD is showing some promise.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Musk seems to still be focused on 0-60 times rather than switching up the designs.

Model X options include:
  • color other than white: $1,500 (black, grey, blue) and $2,500 (red)
  • 22" Turbine Wheels: $5,500
  • interior other than black: $2,000 (black and white; cream)
  • Full Self-Driving Capability: $10,000
  • Seats: 5 (standard); 6 ($6,500); 7 ($3,500)

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
It looks like Tesla regrets it with all the quirks they've been adding lately and none come close to those doors. 80% of them are accessible through the infotainment system and instrument cluster. The rest, not far off from that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts