Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the R1S and I can't wait to receive it, but if I could add two more options, they would be:

1) Gear tunnel
2) Max pack battery

I know they are not technically feasible on the R1S, but it sure would have been wonderful to have.

· Registered
R1S El Cap
22 Posts
I really like the R1S and I can't wait to receive it, but if I could add two more options, they would be:

1) Gear tunnel
2) Max pack battery

I know they are not technically feasible on the R1S, but it sure would have been wonderful to have.
I'm sure they'll have a longer range battery. It's just not in the foreseeable future. If we're looking at their announcements over the last few months, when they introduced their dual motor and standard battery, those are pushed out til 2024. And that's a pretty aggressive schedule - which i don't know if they'll be able to hit. I guess that's in a perfect world. When i spoke to a rep about my R1S, I figured I'd rather have one now than wait a few years for 70+ miles of range? IF it comes out. I'll take the extra charge.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sure they'll have a longer range battery. It's just not in the foreseeable future. If we're looking at their announcements over the last few months, when they introduced their dual motor and standard battery, those are pushed out til 2024. And that's a pretty aggressive schedule - which i don't know if they'll be able to hit. I guess that's in a perfect world. When i spoke to a rep about my R1S, I figured I'd rather have one now than wait a few years for 70+ miles of range? IF it comes out. I'll take the extra charge.
My thoughts exactly. Thanks.

· Registered
6 Posts
More practically, I'd also like to see the following items in the R1S: 2nd row captains chairs, power folding third row, heated and cooled 2nd row seats...not just heated, and tri-zone climate control (manual says only dual zone is avail). My current Hyundai Palisade has all of those features, so I thought that these would be reasonable expectations for the R1S, but alas...maybe on the 2024 version of the R1S!

· Registered
R1S El Cap
22 Posts
How about dimming roof sun shade?
I know a lot of folks who have the panoramic roof for the teslas or rivians in hot states like Arizona, Texas have purchased tints or some shade to help reduce the heat. I feel like they should've just built in a cover option and people can keep it tucked if they don't want to use it. I'm all for futuristic and cool design but practicality too

· Registered
1,631 Posts
I know a lot of folks who have the panoramic roof for the teslas or rivians in hot states like Arizona, Texas have purchased tints or some shade to help reduce the heat. I feel like they should've just built in a cover option and people can keep it tucked if they don't want to use it. I'm all for futuristic and cool design but practicality too
The original design had an electrochromic roof. There was never a need to design in a mechanical shade. By the time they scrapped the electrochromic option, however, it was probably not feasible to redesign the headliner and other systems to accommodate a mechanical shade.

That's my guess, anyway.

· Registered
12 Posts

1) Gear tunnel
2) Max pack battery

I would think even if they did offer these on the R1S they would be mutually exclusive.

As the R1S is shorter you would need the space with the gear tunnel for the max battery pack.

I think the one change I would like to see in the R1S model so far from what I've seen is the third row being a bit further back to allow for more legroom. It seems a bit tight from videos I've seen and my teenage sons probably won't fit back there like I hoped.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would think even if they did offer these on the R1S they would be mutually exclusive.

As the R1S is shorter you would need the space with the gear tunnel for the max battery pack.

I think the one change I would like to see in the R1S model so far from what I've seen is the third row being a bit further back to allow for more legroom. It seems a bit tight from videos I've seen and my teenage sons probably won't fit back there like I hoped.
If I have to pick between my 2 wishes, I would the Max pack battery.

I also like your enhancement idea. The 3rd row seating legroom is definitely tight and could use more room.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts