Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my center console tray from TWRAPS. I ordered the yellow figuring I could see things in it better and it’s hidden under the center flaps in the event the color was too obnoxious. The package arrived wrapped really well and the box it came in was solid. No unnecessary plastic or shrink bubbles or extra waste. I opened the box, set the tray in place and it fit absolutely perfect! No more reaching way down for chapstick or the basic little things. It’s perfect. Somewhere there is a thread that mentioned it was too expensive?! These guys did the work to measure, test and market their business. Likewise, for $25-$29, you get a really cool hand made product. I have nothing to do with the company but if you have an R1T, go to their site and buy one! Well done @twraps. Keep the mods coming.

· Registered
658 Posts
I like the console a lot, but it needs to have the flocking on it. Pens and sunglasses move around too easily inside it. I am thinking about making my own soft linings for both compartments. Probably use cork or maybe some sort of felt lining.

· Registered
1,130 Posts
I put mine in over the weekend. Fits perfectly and nicely laid-out with access for charging cables. The tray adds just the right amount of organization to the top of the compartment for small things you would wants easy access to more frequently, and everything else that is just "hanging-out" and rarely used can just live underneath. I like it.

· Vendor
66 Posts
I like the console a lot, but it needs to have the flocking on it. Pens and sunglasses move around too easily inside it. I am thinking about making my own soft linings for both compartments. Probably use cork or maybe some sort of felt lining.
I agree, a flocked version would be preferable. I am just switching to ABS now and will soon experiment with flocking that, because flocking PETG has been unsuccessful for me, but I've read that ABS promotes better adhesion (which is what I need to flock).

· Registered
284 Posts
I agree, a flocked version would be preferable. I am just switching to ABS now and will soon experiment with flocking that, because flocking PETG has been unsuccessful for me, but I've read that ABS promotes better adhesion (which is what I need to flock).
Keep us posted. If you get that, then I will buy. I just didn't want a bare plastic one.

· Vendor
66 Posts
I bought one as well. Will keep watching the website to see how it evolves as they make some improvements. May order another one at that time.
If you have specific improvements in mind, please share...so far I have this on my todo:
1. Flocked version
2. Figure out a design where you can pull the console up and put it back down without disconnecting charging cords (assuming you are running cords through it)

· Vendor
66 Posts
Do they make a bin to slide into the speaker slot?
Do you mean a bin that goes in front of the speaker (where the big empty hole is between the driver & passenger, at the floor), or you mean that you took the speaker out and are looking to replace it with a bin?
In either way I don't make it yet, but it's on my todo to make something for the big empty hole in front of the speaker... right now I am working on a MagSafe charger for the armrest area and next up is the bin for the floor.

· Registered
8 Posts
I would second something for the big space in front of the speaker. I have actually been using the tray there because the cabling setup isn’t working too well for me. Need something easier for cables to stay free of the tray lifting action. Also, I would love to see a phone tray insert where the charging pad is that keeps the phones from sliding with a slight tilt upwards. The charging pad is useless right now.

· Registered
10 Posts
Do you mean a bin that goes in front of the speaker (where the big empty hole is between the driver & passenger, at the floor), or you mean that you took the speaker out and are looking to replace it with a bin?
In either way I don't make it yet, but it's on my todo to make something for the big empty hole in front of the speaker... right now I am working on a MagSafe charger for the armrest area and next up is the bin for the floor.
I would like to see both. The speaker is a waste of space. I put my front license plate and registration under the speaker in that cubby.

Having an organizer for the floor storage area between driver and passenger feet would be great too - maybe add a couple of cup holders, eyeglass/sunglass case holder (aka cup holder lol). I mean, consider there is only two cup holders up front - what an oversight. I always have a water bottle and my pump hand sanitizer with me. So the cup holders are always filled. Make a big box area for grocery bag or something to fit take out food

· Vendor
66 Posts
I would like to see both. The speaker is a waste of space. I put my front license plate and registration under the speaker in that cubby.

Having an organizer for the floor storage area between driver and passenger feet would be great too - maybe add a couple of cup holders, eyeglass/sunglass case holder (aka cup holder lol). I mean, consider there is only two cup holders up front - what an oversight. I always have a water bottle and my pump hand sanitizer with me. So the cup holders are always filled
Thanks, all noted! I haven't yet started developing this product, because as I said I am currently working on solving the phone charging issue that many R1T owners have, but once that's done I am moving onto this area.

· Registered
5 Posts

· Registered
403 Posts
If you have specific improvements in mind, please share...so far I have this on my todo:
1. Flocked version
2. Figure out a design where you can pull the console up and put it back down without disconnecting charging cords (assuming you are running cords through it)
We discussed it in another thread. My recommendations would be:
1. Rubber mats fit for the bottom to keep things from sliding around
2. Rather than a 50/50 divider, possibly one narrower side with a bigger main area to separate pens/pencils and smaller items from the bigger items.

That's about it.

Regarding your item #2, possibly slots instead of holes for the cords. It's strong enough plastic. The slots could then be pretty narrow since you wouldn't have to make them big enough to fit the plug through, just wide enough to fit the cord.

· Registered
403 Posts
I'd LOVE to see someone make something that could replace the speaker. Basically, some type of storage drawer that could slide in and out of the space where the speaker is located. I forget it's even there and certainly something I'd never use. Thought about buying an extra speaker and gutting it to make it a drawer.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts