Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
522 Posts
What did he have the heat set to? 80F? All EVs have a much shorter range in the cold/snow/rain. Yesterday in my Tesla I used 40 miles range to go the 12 miles round trip to work. 12-18” of loose fresh snow, temps in the low teens F, heat set to 62F.
 

· Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
Joined
·
261 Posts
I generally find him entertaining, but it was pretty clear he wasn't a fan of an EV truck (for sure not the Lightning, though he does seem to be enamored with the Hummer). I think it is more likely he (and his co-owner) saw a profit to be made by reselling so they jumped on it, and used this as a way to justify it.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
YT in general has become a click bait superstore and all of these guys plain suck.

If the Ford truly took a 50% hit with cabin/seat heating and cold temps then I truly feel sorry for owners. My R1T in 23F temps with cabin heat at 74-78f and my seat heating going for 1hr makes my 63mile commute using about 75miles of range with no preconditioning and using AP 25% and Conserve the other 75% of the drive to work.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top