Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Ford F-250 Powerstroke 6.0 Diesel
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wouldn’t be doing serious off roading around alot of rocks do I really need? Someone said on You Tube it cant be put on after because of being welded on by Rivian.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That was not the case when I looked underneath two R1Ts parked right next to each other, one with the offroad pack, and one without.
Don't know what your point is, since the original question was does it affect range/milage and the answer is no, regardless of the subtle of just how much underbody shield is covered.

Since you insist, here is the Rivian description from their website:

"Protecting the underbody of our vehicle is a layered shield of high-strength steel, alloyed aluminum and carbon fiber composite. Engineered to absorb, deflect and distribute force from impacts, the shield is designed for protection in the most extreme off-road conditions.

With the Reinforced Underbody Shield, available to add on to the Adventure Package or Explore Package, the underbody shield is enhanced with reinforced materials extending from bumper to bumper and side to side."

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Don't know what your point is, since the original question was does it affect range/milage and the answer is no, regardless of the subtle of just how much underbody shield is covered.

Since you insist, here is the Rivian description from their website:

"Protecting the underbody of our vehicle is a layered shield of high-strength steel, alloyed aluminum and carbon fiber composite. Engineered to absorb, deflect and distribute force from impacts, the shield is designed for protection in the most extreme off-road conditions.

With the Reinforced Underbody Shield, available to add on to the Adventure Package or Explore Package, the underbody shield is enhanced with reinforced materials extending from bumper to bumper and side to side."

Extending the reinforced materials doesn’t mean that the non-off-road-equipped vehicle has nothing. It has the same flat coverage…. The off-road pack only adds some strength to some areas. There is zero aero advantage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts