Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed my truck was leaning right in the garage. Measured wheels from fender…right front/back suspension definitely lower. Restarted with hazard/left steering wheel button. Didn’t help. Raised the truck to full height in off-road, still uneven.

Service support says to drive it 50-60mph on level roads in all-purpose and it’ll level. This sounds weird…and all I’ve driven is all-purpose…on mostly flat roads.

Anyone see this issue?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just drove the truck at interstate speeds, no change in the right lean. It appears i have this lean in all modes and ride heights. I have sent pictures to service…I’ll followup with fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same issue. Appears as if one wheel is exactly one height adjustment lower than the rest. Maintenance is working on a better resolution than driving and cycling through ride heights but they haven't reached back out yet. It's been about 5 days since I called it in.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have the same issue. Appears as if one wheel is exactly one height adjustment lower than the rest. Maintenance is working on a better resolution than driving and cycling through ride heights but they haven't reached back out yet. It's been about 5 days since I called it in.
Welcome @JPLamont! Did they indicate what the issue could be when you called it in?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This describes it well. Also waiting on fix. I’m sure it was delivered with this issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome @JPLamont! Did they indicate what the issue could be when you called it in?
Not sure yet - since the truck auto-levels when parked there maybe something telling the truck that wheel is high when it's not. Their engineers are looking at it remotely.

I did speak with them today and I've come up with a few parking experiments I can conduct to see if it's a specific angle or gimbal position that triggers the over or under correction.

I'll feed any results I get to Rivian and the forums.

As an aside, I spend more time commuting than camping. I do wish I could "long press" a ride height to lock it and prevent auto leveling. Maybe in the next update.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have not been able to resolve my suspension issue yet but I've had a new issue that will get the truck looked at ASAP and hopefully we have this solved soon.

I walked out to the truck today to a warning that "all wheel drive is unavailable, service it soon." It's being picked up this weekend since it requires a tow.

Now, while it's frustrating to have this happen, I can't say enough how helpful and friendly the service team has been. Rental vehicle arranged, eliminated all OTA trouble shooting, and got the truck scheduled for pickup in no time.

Really looking forward to getting it back all sorted out. If I learn anything about what solves the suspension issue I'll let you know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts