Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Uneven suspension when parked?

7K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  stackofdimes 
#1 ·
Noticed my truck was leaning right in the garage. Measured wheels from fender…right front/back suspension definitely lower. Restarted with hazard/left steering wheel button. Didn’t help. Raised the truck to full height in off-road, still uneven.

Service support says to drive it 50-60mph on level roads in all-purpose and it’ll level. This sounds weird…and all I’ve driven is all-purpose…on mostly flat roads.

Anyone see this issue?

#5 ·
I have the same issue. Appears as if one wheel is exactly one height adjustment lower than the rest. Maintenance is working on a better resolution than driving and cycling through ride heights but they haven't reached back out yet. It's been about 5 days since I called it in.

#11 ·
I have not been able to resolve my suspension issue yet but I've had a new issue that will get the truck looked at ASAP and hopefully we have this solved soon.

I walked out to the truck today to a warning that "all wheel drive is unavailable, service it soon." It's being picked up this weekend since it requires a tow.

Now, while it's frustrating to have this happen, I can't say enough how helpful and friendly the service team has been. Rental vehicle arranged, eliminated all OTA trouble shooting, and got the truck scheduled for pickup in no time.

Really looking forward to getting it back all sorted out. If I learn anything about what solves the suspension issue I'll let you know.

#19 ·
Yes, mine started leaning to the right by about an inch, after this it wasn't driven for two weeks and all four corners were at different heights from the ground, front right being the lowest. Now been back to Rivian twice. Problem was confirmed by the pick up driver. Tech response was,

Technician inspected and found no suspension related alerts. Vehicle not currently leaning.
Technician inspected air suspension system and found no leaks. Allowed vehicle to sit for an
extended period of time and found that suspension did not lower. Customer concern is a current
expected behavior due to vehicle being asleep. Will be improved through future firmware.

So they say it never happened while they had it BUT they expect it to happen and may fix it later with firmware.

#22 ·
Set up a service call, it has a leak, either a bad connection or valve. Mine was like that, after sitting for more than 12 hours the right side would drop. Did not affect driving and once under way it was fine. They found a valve that was leaking and replaced it. It has been several months now and has been working great.

It will help if you can give them a time frame for when it is noticed, also if you can measure the difference between the high and low sides.

#23 ·
Set up a service call, it has a leak, either a bad connection or valve. Mine was like that, after sitting for more than 12 hours the right side would drop. Did not affect driving and once under way it was fine. They found a valve that was leaking and replaced it. It has been several months now and has been working great.

It will help if you can give them a time frame for when it is noticed, also if you can measure the difference between the high and low sides.
Thank you so much!

#27 ·
I ran some experiments over lunch:
Our driveway is on a downhill slope, and that is where I visually see the height difference the most.

First some quick measurements in the driveway: They were all off by 1/4" or so, but the passenger-front suspension was about 1" higher than the driver's side.

Next, to get a flat surface, I pulled into my garage and then remeasured. In the flat garage, the car was much more level. Now the passenger-front suspension was a little less than 1/2" higher.

Then I leveled in Camp mode. Now all four corners were within less than 1/4" of each other.

Finally, the interesting part: I pulled back into the sloped driveway (with the front facing down the hill), and the passenger-front went right back to 1" higher than driver's side.

I ran out of time, but for my next set of measurements, I want to back into the driveway with the front facing uphill. Anyone want to place bets on what the outcome will be??