Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
R1T and R1s reserved
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I too have been waiting almost 3 years and only had negative response
1)) delayed a Year(understandable pandemic and all) satiable curve still positive 10
2) (frustrating web site issues) waiting to be contacted as promised but nothing
3) then second delay as I am canadian
4) then IPO before delivering to customers! argh
5) delivery but not to you and oh by the way employees only! Made me feel so sidelined.
6) IPO for Americans only ! ( actually a good thing looking at stock price)
7 price increase then back track. By now i how’ve viewed every video and review 10x and my satiability had already peaked and was on a decline…. the price change set this number in to the negative.
I am up set and not convinced this is a customer focused company any more as it it is revealing it self to be focussed on making fast cash ( ipo) and possibly run by someone that may be out of his league in running a big snowball like this… I was pretty upset when I had to have urgent surgery in Newport Beach and realized The ONLY Rivian center is close by in Venice. 3 days post op and in major pain I showed up at 5 and a poor giy had to deal with my rants all before I even looked at the vehicle I had fallen in love with 3 years before. then I calmed down and looked around and poured out very little wrong with it and I was pleasantly surprised to see how beautifulevery stitch and angle was and how that the videos just don’t show the quality. they also don’t show the size … much bigger than I thought, or the quality finish! i had looked at a new black pearl Escalade recently and honestly the quality was similar if not more refined. then I took it for a ride.…. words cannot describe the solid feel or he advanced dashboard warning system showed pedestrians to cyclists time cars turning, very very impressed, but it was the quality of the finish … I rent cara all the time and drive a Bmw x5 and I must say I could not find one weak plastic flaw. The drive is big … bigger than the feel of a Toyota but with out the too large feel that I won’t fit in a tight parking spot. then there was the zero to 60… no words can convey this bless you ride rollercoasters and know what that g force feeling is …and the squeal that makes no sound because there is a gravity ingest the blocks the sound. I seriously have a ford lightening and 2 cyber trucks reserved. The ford lightening will be cancelled tonight. And if Rivian holds its promise to deliver in September to me so will the cyber truck. ( still a bone of contention I can’t let go of).
bery very impressed and worth every dollar they are charging us. If you haven’t driven please do so before you cancel your order cause you will regret it. It’s worth a flight to Venice CA. Imas for me I am going out to purchase a ton of stock.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I too have been waiting almost 3 years and only had negative response
1)) delayed a Year(understandable pandemic and all) satiable curve still positive 10
2) (frustrating web site issues) waiting to be contacted as promised but nothing
3) then second delay as I am canadian
4) then IPO before delivering to customers! argh
5) delivery but not to you and oh, by the way, employees only! It made me feel so sidelined.
6) IPO for Americans only! ( actually, a good thing looking at stock price)
7 price increase then back track. By now i how’ve viewed every video and review 10x and my satiability had already peaked and was on a decline…. the price change set this number in to the negative.
I am up set and not convinced this is a customer focused company any more as it it is revealing it self to be focussed on making fast cash ( ipo) and possibly run by someone that may be out of his league in running a big snowball like this… I was pretty upset when I had to have urgent surgery in Newport Beach and realized The ONLY Rivian center is close by in Venice. 3 days post op and in major pain I showed up at 5 and a poor giy had to deal with my rants all before I even looked at the vehicle I had fallen in love with 3 years before. then I calmed down and looked around and poured out very little wrong with it and I was pleasantly surprised to see how beautifulevery stitch and angle was and how that the videos just don’t show the quality. they also don’t show the size … much bigger than I thought, or the quality finish! i had looked at a new black pearl Escalade recently and honestly the quality was similar if not more refined. then I took it for a ride.…. words cannot describe the solid feel or he advanced dashboard warning system showed pedestrians to cyclists time cars turning, very very impressed, but it was the quality of the finish … I rent cara all the time and drive a Bmw x5 and I must say I could not find one weak plastic flaw. The drive is big … bigger than the feel of a Toyota but with out the too large feel that I won’t fit in a tight parking spot. then there was the zero to 60… no words can convey this bless you ride rollercoasters and know what that g force feeling is …and the squeal that makes no sound because there is a gravity ingest the blocks the sound. I seriously have a ford lightening and 2 cyber trucks reserved. The ford lightening will be cancelled tonight. And if Rivian holds its promise to deliver in September to me so will the cyber truck. ( still a bone of contention I can’t let go of).
bery very impressed and worth every dollar they are charging us. If you haven’t driven please do so before you cancel your order cause you will regret it. It’s worth a flight to Venice CA. Imas for me I am going out to purchase a ton of stock.
Yes, GM (or Escalade) and GM's self-driving system is probably rated number one now. I put about 6-7K on my big SUV, so it would take several years to break even on an EV, but like a bit of downsizing. Have 100K on my Navigator, so a year or two is in line. I have owned many cars over the last 45 years, no panic with delivery or wait times, which is where most of the industry and ICE vehicles are going. Every manufacturer wants to configure it specifically online. Cars and Trucks are a money drain; I like all depreciation paid off and low insurance and personal property taxes, but I enjoy something different and fun to drive and the space for road trips. Remember when two girls were in college and having five cars in the driveway? We will see if the SUV and RIvian make it, both in manufacturing and financial stability; if not, another Navigator L or full-size SUV, whether ICE or hybrid, will probably be on tap. A buddy has a new Navigator, the best seats anywhere, excellent five year warranty, twin-turbo six that gets 22 on the highway, and if anything goes wrong, they pick it up and bring it back and give you a Navigator L replacement Also tows over 8000 lbs. So no trips to the dealer. It will go 200K miles easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts