Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching Doug DeMuro's terrific video about the R1T and I noticed something that looked like USB-C ports when he was showing the emergency flasher button. I tried to search and find out if they are really USB-C ports but I haven't seen anything written about them. Does anyone have more information? I'm hoping they are USB-C ports because it would be useful for powering accessories.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive mirror Sports equipment

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rivian customer service (via Chat) told me that these are not USB-C ports, but they did not know what the ports were. Maybe they are microphones or something. ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Rivian rep I was talking to just called me back with more information. It seems that these components are part of the audio system in the truck, which does make sense.

Also, I want to say that the Rivian rep was super helpful in tracking down this information. They took the question seriously and when the answer was not obvious from the FAQs they had, the Rivian rep researched it with the engineers to figure it out. It was one of the best customer support experiences I've ever had with any company. Kudos to Rivian and to the hardworking folks in Normal, IL who helped me out!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The Rivian rep I was talking to just called me back with more information. It seems that these components are part of the audio system in the truck, which does make sense.

Also, I want to say that the Rivian rep was super helpful in tracking down this information. They took the question seriously and when the answer was not obvious from the FAQs they had, the Rivian rep researched it with the engineers to figure it out. It was one of the best customer support experiences I've ever had with any company. Kudos to Rivian and to the hardworking folks in Normal, IL who helped me out!
I have to imagine since they're in the center it's for the voice commands?

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Rivian customer service (via Chat) told me that these are not USB-C ports, but they did not know what the ports were. Maybe they are microphones or something. ¯\(ツ)
Welcome to the forum @ntrepid8. Microphones make the most sense to me. Positioning them around the rear view mirror area has almost become an industry standard and I don't see anything else that could be a microphone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.