Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watching the used R1T market slowly start to decline. Seeing some in rhe low to mid 80s. Curious if anyone is canceling and giving a serious look at purchasing low mileage used one?
If one gets in the $70s and is my spec I might bite.
Thoughts??

· Registered
9 Posts
Yes, used car prices are coming back to Earth. For me, I’ve got the old pricing locked in on my R1S and, as anxious as I am, I think I’ll let Rivian work out the kinks on the early builds and wait on my new vehicle order.

· Registered
2022 R1T, delivered Dec 2022, Limestone/Ocean Coast, large battery, underbody shield, 20”
42 Posts
I’ve been watching the used prices as well and it is tempting but honestly I’m leery of owning two R1Ts that are of the same tech generation because I think the next gen will take a significant jump in range, etc. Moores Law and all that.

I’d also like to see the EVSE network take a big leap forward from where it is today - especially for longer trips. Or perhaps wait for Tesla to open their network - that would help tremendously.

That said - two months and 2000 miles in I love my R1T.

· Registered
26 Posts
I’ve been watching the used prices as well and it is tempting but honestly I’m leery of owning two R1Ts that are of the same tech generation because I think the next gen will take a significant jump in range, etc. Moores Law and all that.

I’d also like to see the EVSE network take a big leap forward from where it is today - especially for longer trips. Or perhaps wait for Tesla to open their network - that would help tremendously.

That said - two months and 2000 miles in I love my R1T.
There could be big advances in battery technology.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts