Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
R1T Adventure
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My R1T was delivered on 9/30. I was loving the truck until I went to pick up my son at school today and got an error. Vehicle still drives but I am afraid to take it anywhere. Service had me try to reset the vehicle but it didn’t clear.

Also have a major rattle in dash, something they should have found in plant or ore delivery. Guess that’s what happened when they rush deliveries to make Q3 volumes look good.

Puts a major damper on my confidence and excitement.

Motor vehicle Automotive mirror Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle door
Font Gadget Automotive mirror Tints and shades Electronic device

· Registered
659 Posts
Yes, I have the exact same problem At first these error messages only came up after I had not used the vehicle in several days. I have been dealing with this issue for 2 months now because it was purely random and I could 100% make it go away by letting my vehicle sit parked for like 20-30 minutes while I was at my destination. Then the next key up, everything was back to normal. This past week, it has happened more frequently (Saturday 10/1 at 1:25PM) and again on Monday at 6:15 AM. I have a service call for next Tuesday. With the data I have been providing them, I feel they should be able to quickly diagnose it and fix the problem.

· Registered
13 Posts
I had a "Service Suspension System Soon" message appear less then 24 hours after taking delivery. Seemed fine for a while then it sounded like air was leaking from the LF shock, and the compressor was working overtime.
It's still not resolved.

· Registered
R1T Adventure
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I have the exact same problem At first these error messages only came up after I had not used the vehicle in several days. I have been dealing with this issue for 2 months now because it was purely random and I could 100% make it go away by letting my vehicle sit parked for like 20-30 minutes while I was at my destination. Then the next key up, everything was back to normal. This past week, it has happened more frequently (Saturday 10/1 at 1:25PM) and again on Monday at 6:15 AM. I have a service call for next Tuesday. With the data I have been providing them, I feel they should be able to quickly diagnose it and fix the problem.
Have you been able to drive the truck with the issue? I am afraid to, but I took it for a quick drive in the neighborhood and it felt fine. Rivian doesn’t seem to be in any hurry to get back to me either.

· Registered
659 Posts
Have you been able to drive the truck with the issue? I am afraid to, but I took it for a quick drive in the neighborhood and it felt fine. Rivian doesn’t seem to be in any hurry to get back to me either.
Yes 100%. I drive 43 miles 1 way to work. The ONLY issue being in reduced power mode is pulling out into street, you no longer have the steep acceleration curve until 25-ish mph. After that, it is manageable. But 0-25 mph can be a bit dangerous if you try cutting into traffic.

Also, regen is almost non-existent which means you will have to use your hydraulic brakes. Not a bad thing given cycling the brake pedal, pads, and moving the brake fluid around the system.

· Registered
1,361 Posts
My R1T was delivered on 9/30. I was loving the truck until I went to pick up my son at school today and got an error. Vehicle still drives but I am afraid to take it anywhere. Service had me try to reset the vehicle but it didn’t clear.

Also have a major rattle in dash, something they should have found in plant or ore delivery. Guess that’s what happened when they rush deliveries to make Q3 volumes look good.

Puts a major damper on my confidence and excitement.

View attachment 8285 View attachment 8284
Has Rivian given you any indication on what the issue could be?

· Registered
R1T Adventure
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@mjdips other than those issues, how are you liking it overall? Any other likes/dislikes?
Unfortunately it seems like you really have to bother Rivian to get them to take a look.
The only other dislike is the function of the phone key. It unlocks the truck anytime you are within 15 or so feet of it, so every time I walk into the garage or out the front door the truck turns on, and unlocks. It’s very annoying and a waste of electricity. There is a setting to disable while at home, but now I have to open the app each time I want to lock and unlock which defeats the purpose of a proximity key.

· Registered
659 Posts
I can share with the forum what I find out after my truck comes back from its service appointment scheduled for next Tuesday. Being "in the industry" I tend to ask some very pointed and direct questions to get the answers I need to hear.

· Registered
R1T Adventure
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update: Rivian Service called me on Friday, but they don't know what caused the error. Add since the OTA on Wed, the issue hasn't come back. I have a service appointment next week and they are supposed to look into it more.

· Registered
R1T Adventure
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Long term update on this.
1. When I took the vehicle for service, they said they have seen issues like this after a fast charge at EVGo stations. I had recently done a fast charge at Target, so this tracks.
2. The issue never did return, now at nearly 3,000 miles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts