Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a few things I miss in our Rivian. Having driven my R1T for 2 weeks and comparing with my Tesla, I do hope for a few software upgrades to be implemented soon.

First, allow for video recording while driving. Most incidents happen while driving the car and not while its parked. I see video recording as a major safety feature for yourself and others on the road. For this reason I installed dash cams on previous cars. Something Rivian should offer through its Guard feature.

Second, is the ability to watch youtube / Netflix / Hulu etc while waiting to charge on a road trip. Another feature I love in my Tesla.

Third, when the car is parked at home in the garage, do not auto lock the doors. Its super annoying the car locks and unlocks each time you walk into your garage. A simple "do not lock while home" would be a simple feature.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Third, when the car is parked at home in the garage, do not auto lock the doors. Its super annoying the car locks and unlocks each time you walk into your garage. A simple "do not lock while home" would be a simple feature.
You really need to let it lock so the computers can go into a lower-power mode. Rivian should have put a sensor in the handle so you could tap it to wake it up, rather than having it constantly cycle just by proximity.

Even my modern ICE vehicle requires this, and if you regularly leave it unlocked in your garage, the battery starts to get low. Lock it when you're not going to be driving for a while, and the battery stays healthy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
There are a few things I miss in our Rivian. Having driven my R1T for 2 weeks and comparing with my Tesla, I do hope for a few software upgrades to be implemented soon.

First, allow for video recording while driving. Most incidents happen while driving the car and not while its parked. I see video recording as a major safety feature for yourself and others on the road. For this reason I installed dash cams on previous cars. Something Rivian should offer through its Guard feature.

Second, is the ability to watch youtube / Netflix / Hulu etc while waiting to charge on a road trip. Another feature I love in my Tesla.

All good concerns and suggestions. Expressing them here may be cathartic, but is to a group that, while empathetic, can do nothing about any of this.

You should forward these concerns to CS with the request that they kick it up the chain of command to the right people.

·
Registered
2022 Rivian R1T
53 Posts
You really need to let it lock so the computers can go into a lower-power mode. Rivian should have put a sensor in the handle so you could tap it to wake it up, rather than having it constantly cycle just by proximity.

Even my modern ICE vehicle requires this, and if you regularly leave it unlocked in your garage, the battery starts to get low. Lock it when you're not going to be driving for a while, and the battery stays healthy.
You can turn off the auto and proximity lock/unlock functions. I do this when working with it around the farm so I’m not constantly having to unlock it or have the my headphones robbed by the trucks‘ Bluetooth. It works fine, and shuts itself off (monitor, etc) until i open the door.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes but I like this function when not at home. Tesla has a home option for the locks. It does not auto lock when the car is parked in my garage but does auto lock when not at home. It should be a simple software update.

·
Registered
1 Posts

The "Lock/Unlock" home feature was added with the latest release this weekend, or at least a variation of that. You can now set the truck to "not lock" if at home by setting up the home location in the map, and then enabling the feature in the settings of the truck. Thing is, this is great if you are parked in the garage-not so great if you are in an apartment complex or you truck is just parked outside you home for passers-by to access.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes but I like this function when not at home. Tesla has a home option for the locks. It does not auto lock when the car is parked in my garage but does auto lock when not at home. It should be a simple software update.
The "Lock/Unlock" home feature was added with the latest release this weekend, or at least a variation of that. You can now set the truck to "not lock" if at home by setting up the home location in the map, and then enabling the feature in the settings of the truck. Thing is, this is great if you are parked in the garage-not so great if you are in an apartment complex or you truck is just parked outside you home for passers-by to access.
In that case, just leave the "not lock at home" function off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts