Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I made some visualizations of the preorder data in addition to what was in the excel sheet. If there are any other graphs I should make, or any suggestions/feedback let me know! Also below are links to the Tableau Public graphs which you can interact with a bit more or download if you want.
View attachment 2011

View attachment 2012

Graph 1
Graph 2
Thank you! I love that you took the extra time to try to match the colors in the graphs, neat detail! After reading several discussions on wheels and having friends & family vote on color; I have changed my color and wheel configuration since joining. I didn't see a way to change it without entering it as a 2nd preorder. I wonder how many others have also changed?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Awesome, how about a bar with pre-orders by month? Could be interesting to see the ramp of volume over time. I would assume with more awareness, we would see more orders per month over time, but I haven't looked much at this in the XLS.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have changed my color and wheel configuration since joining. I didn't see a way to change it without entering it as a 2nd preorder. I wonder how many others have also changed?
You can edit your pre-order (right up until you lock-in your order with a guide), so no need to have multiple pre-order reservations... If I am reading your comment right?

·
Administrator
180 Posts
Thank you! I love that you took the extra time to try to match the colors in the graphs, neat detail! After reading several discussions on wheels and having friends & family vote on color; I have changed my color and wheel configuration since joining. I didn't see a way to change it without entering it as a 2nd preorder. I wonder how many others have also changed?
Hi @Charzo, let us know which color and wheel selection you've change to and we can update it on the order tracker.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I made some visualizations of the preorder data in addition to what was in the excel sheet. If there are any other graphs I should make, or any suggestions/feedback let me know! Also below are links to the Tableau Public graphs which you can interact with a bit more or download if you want.
View attachment 2011

View attachment 2012

Graph 1
Graph 2
There are way more Glacier White orders than I would've expected. Thanks a lot for putting this together @rivian_blue8!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Based on these numbers I wonder how long Rivian will offer Compass Yellow and Red Canyon before removing them as an option.
I was kinda on the fence too about color selection. I must be getting old as I think $1500 or $2500 for paint seems excessive (especially at this price point). When did painting your vehicle other than white (or black with luxury brands) become an expense? Kinda thinking that if the prices remain true, I may nix 1500 for a color and opt for white.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Based on these numbers I wonder how long Rivian will offer Compass Yellow and Red Canyon before removing them as an option.
I agree, I think eventually they will remove the least popular options (paint and wheels) for a simplified manufacturing/logistics process. Tesla did the same by reducing options after the model 3 came out. At least that would be my guess.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can edit your pre-order (right up until you lock-in your order with a guide), so no need to have multiple pre-order reservations... If I am reading your comment right?
Whoops- nope. I wasn't clear. I meant the tracker in here for the graphs. I changed my configuration color/wheels after completing the survey tracker in here- so this graph has my old configuration info. And yep, I am enjoying being able to reconfigure my R1S on the Rivian site. Maybe enjoying it too much since I have reconfigured it twice already! I think I am finally done changing exterior colors and wheels. haha!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi @Charzo, let us know which color and wheel selection you've change to and we can update it on the order tracker.
Thank you! It was previously Limestone exterior with 21" wheels. After lots of agonizing, reading, and polling of family and friends, I reconfigured it to Rivian Blue exterior with 20" AT wheels (the more modern looking version). My ocean coast interior and Adventure pkg with 7 seats did not change.

I don't know why picking a color and wheels has to be so difficult! I really dislike paying extra for both, but I want easy to find replacement tires and I do love that blue. I really hope to see the color in person this summer (my back up color is now El Cap Granite). I am replacing an 18 year old (19 by the time the Rivian gets here -crossing fingers) Honda Pilot and am planning that the R1S will last me 15-20 years as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.