Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I downloaded the order data from the order tracker survey and did a Tableau Visualization mostly for fun but thought I would share. To whom it may concern - require zip code instead of typing out location, I manually went through line by line to update the state for a workable map. That was the most time consuming part.

Either way, take a look and let me know your thoughts!

Link -https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/brandon.walsh/viz/RivianOrderTracker/Dashboard2?publish=yes

Map Font Diagram Parallel Circle

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
So, I downloaded the order data from the order tracker survey and did a Tableau Visualization mostly for fun but thought I would share. To whom it may concern - require zip code instead of typing out location, I manually went through line by line to update the state for a workable map. That was the most time consuming part.

Link -https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/brandon.walsh/viz/RivianOrderTracker/Dashboard2?publish=yes
Thanks Brandon! I'm a "visualizer", so seeing charts tied to stats is interesting (to me, at least ;^)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

This is incredible @brandonawalsh! Thanks so much for putting this together! Interesting to see that Glacier White, El Cap Granite and Launch Green are the top 3 colors and that 152 people on here have ordered the kitchen.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Fantastic job on this Brandon! I love how cleanly it shows all the data! Is there a way for it to automatically update as more people add their info? Or do you have to manually update it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fantastic job on this Brandon! I love how cleanly it shows all the data! Is there a way for it to automatically update as more people add their info? Or do you have to manually update it?
It’s a pretty easy manual update, I have the google sheet favorited and will just resave it every week or so. The only terrible part is separating out the state data. Since zip code was not required and it was just a text box you get a lot of variants, state abbreviation vs stat full name vs no state name at all, there were even some pesky Canadians in there that listed province.

·
Registered
287 Posts
10% for camp kitchen. Rivian has to be pretty happy with that. At $5,000.

I have no need for it. On the fence about the slide out table for $1,500. Like the function of it, but also sacrifices space and only slides out the right side.

And thanks OP for the info

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
10% for camp kitchen. Rivian has to be pretty happy with that. At $5,000.

I have no need for it. On the fence about the slide out table for $1,500. Like the function of it, but also sacrifices space and only slides out the right side.

And thanks OP for the info
No problem! I am one of the 10%, I am thinking of the tax credit as a "free kitchen/explorer package coupon" lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great visual @brandonawalsh
Were you surprised by anything in the data when viewed with your chart? For me it was all the Texas support. I expected a lot but not so much that it is one of the top states here so far.
I would say the state distribution wasn’t too surprising just based on population size, mostly follows what I’d expect. Interesting to see not too many people interested in the bigger battery and how close the amount of SUV orders to Trucks.

I also think the vehicle people will be switching from is fascinating. There are a lot of different vehicle types some trucks but mostly not.

·
Registered
3 Posts

View attachment 3497
Great work, thank you for sharing this.

·
Registered
75 Posts

View attachment 3497
Hmmm, interesting many people are replacing a "car" and not a pickup with their proposed purchase of a Rivian.
Rivian marketing it as an adventure vehicle seems to be accurate.

PS Traditional pickup buyers will have the option to buy a Ford Lightning. I did recently ride in the Lightning and checked it out at a Ford Event. IMO it will make pickup buyers happy. There is room for both the Lighting and the Rivian. Each is targeting a different type of customer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Brandon, great job on the "visualizer". In seeing how few R1T/S in yellow, red, and black there are I would like to suggest to the Rivian paint production supervisor to just get the these colors out of the way and do them first, LOL.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.