Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I remembered a Rivian comment early in the year that they were going to provide an estimated delivery date for all reservation holders?

We are long past that point. Was there a further announcement canceling that plan?

·
Registered
571 Posts
From the email, subject "Updates on customer deliveries", dated 4/25/2022
For preorder holders with a delivery window in 2022, we will be reaching out in late May to gauge your preferences and help further inform our build combinations. If you’re flexible on certain options, you may be able to take delivery sooner. If you love your original configuration and prefer to stick with it, then no action is required on your part — we’ll simply continue to update you on your estimated delivery timing.

We ask those preorder holders with a 2023 (or later) delivery window to sit tight for now but know that we intend to provide you with more clarity this summer as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
With Q3 set to end at the end of the month as well, it leaves you to wonder if the "end of the month" timing is more than coincidental. If I were them, I would only be releasing news that would bolster my Q3 reporting, so perhaps there is reason to be hopeful about what we will hear on our individual delivery timelines. That...or I am reading way too much into things that are in no way related.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I thought I remembered a Rivian comment early in the year that they were going to provide an estimated delivery date for all reservation holders?

We are long past that point. Was there a further announcement canceling that plan?
Even if I were to get a projected delivery date it wouldn't mean much, considering that I'm holding firm on the MAX Pack. That seems to be a "wish and a prayer".

·
Registered
478 Posts
Even if I were to get a projected delivery date it wouldn't mean much, considering that I'm holding firm on the MAX Pack. That seems to be a "wish and a prayer".
Per the Dec 2021 Rivian email that most of us received, the delivery window for my R1T Max was stated as 1H2023. I'd be happy if that date pans out, but seriously doubt that it will. If you'll remember, Rivian promised quite a while back that they were making changes to our Rivian accounts page to give us more information on delivery. That doesn't seem to have happened.

My guess is that this year will be the same as last year, and we will see new delivery window updates in December. If the pattern holds, the revised delivery windows, at least for the Max, will be moved to the right by six months or so, setting things up for a repeat of the cycle in 2023.

Lather, rinse, repeat . . .

·
Registered
4 Posts
...news that would bolster my Q3 reporting, so perhaps there is reason to be hopeful about what we will hear on our individual delivery timelines...
Based on regular emails to customer service, I was expecting to receive a delivery estimate by the end of September. Three days ago I got an email inviting me to the 8-step purchase process and my truck should be arriving next week. In short, Rivian isn't great with communication, but they are trying to fill orders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Based on regular emails to customer service, I was expecting to receive a delivery estimate by the end of September. Three days ago I got an email inviting me to the 8-step purchase process and my truck should be arriving next week. In short, Rivian isn't great with communication, but they are trying to fill orders.
Is yours a Max battery or standard range?

·
Registered
4 Posts
When did you reserve originally? Thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts