Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Not nearly as many as I thought it would be, especially with all the press over the past couple of months. But, on the plus side, I guess that means a shorter wait for all of us.

While I think it will be unlikely to actually accomplish, Rivian has stated that they plan to get through all of their pre-orders by the end next year.

48,000 is a lot of cars to mass produce for a new company that's certain to experience some bumps along the way. But, I was think the number was in the 90,000 range, which would have easily meant 2 years for recent reservations.

"Rivian had about 48,390 preorders for its R1T pickup trucks and R1S SUVs in the United States and Canada as of last month."

·
Registered
10 Posts
I guess 2500-5000. No way more could it be more than 10k.

They shut LE ordering down after a couple of days with no warning. This was in November 2020, way before total preorders hit the announced 48k figure from September 2021. I can't imagine they would have let people order 25,000 Launch Editions, which will take a huge time to manufacture even under good conditions. Recall that they wanted this done quickly (and in low numbers, in case there are unexpected issues).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.