Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rivian's recent message:

"Here are some things you should know:
  • Your Rivian Account page will continue to reflect the higher pricing until the update is complete.
  • Once the update is complete, your preorder will revert to what it was as of February 28, 2022.
  • We will honor the prices you were given for the options you previously chose.
  • Details regarding Rivian preorders can be found in our Preorder Agreement."
It's been so long I can't remember, but I think I pre-ordered a 5 seat version, not 7 seat. I neglected to take a screen shot of my previous configuration prior to price increase. Was there an option for 5 vs 7?
Is 5 vs 7 still on the table? I want my R1S for hauling stuff, not necessarily people.
If 7 seats, does anyone know if the 3 row will fold sufficiently so that it won't take up too much space? Maybe it's removable?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3rd row folding flat is good. I wish there were more R1S vehicles in the wild, or even more test drive events so that more people could see them. I have not seen any in the Phoenix, AZ area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After I placed my preorder I realized the price was the same for 7 seats vs 5 seats. So I called customer service and asked about this. The 3rd row does lay flat so you will have the same room as the 5 seat configuration.

·
Registered
13 Posts
“We will honor the prices you were given for the options you previously chose.”
Does that mean that we‘re fixed on whatever our configuration was on Feb 28th? No more alterations?

·
Registered
202? R1S Adventure
31 Posts
I imagine they are slammed due to the flood of people who cancelled and have reconsidered which I did. Lead time on seeing my configuration restored to my portal:

We are so glad you reconsidered. We appreciate your patience as we update our configurator and your Account page with your previous pricing. We expect this could take several weeks.
  • Your previous pricing and estimated delivery window as of February 28, 2022, will be honored.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm still waiting for the reversal of the price increases to appear in my configuration!
You, and the rest of us, may (read probably) will be waiting a while for that to happen. According to this past Sunday's follow up email the Head of Rivian Customer Engagement, Tony Caravano, stated the following:

"We appreciate your patience as we update our configurator and your Account page with your previous pricing. We expect this could take several weeks."

UPDATE: Whoops, I just noticed the previous post stating the same thing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Rivian's recent message:

• Your Rivian Account page will continue to reflect the higher pricing until the update is complete.
  • Once the update is complete, your preorder will revert to what it was as of February 28, 2022.
It's been so long I can't remember, but I think I pre-ordered a 5 seat version, not 7 seat. I neglected to take a screen shot of my previous configuration prior to price increase. Was there an option for 5 vs 7?
Is 5 vs 7 still on the table? I want my R1S for hauling stuff, not necessarily people.
If 7 seats, does anyone know if the 3 row will fold sufficiently so that it won't take up too much space? Maybe it's removable?
The third row fold completely flat so one can lay down. Now as for your order and pricing, read the fine print, you have waived your legal authority to bring a lawsuit against Rivian and they are not held to anything with your $1000.00 deposit (but customer goodwill, as the first time we placed our grand down). In addition, with Force majeure in your $1000 agreement, and what is happening in the world today, any company has a lot of "outs".

·
Registered
45 Posts
Rivian's recent message:

I've seen photographs depicting the third row laid flat. Looked pretty good to me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts