Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to see the addition of a weather forecast / storm tracker map on the R1T big screen. I own an outdoor adventure recreation facility and everything revolves around the weather and incoming storms. When I am off sight, I regularly check my phone for updates on incoming storms. It would be more convenient and safer to have that info available with a push of a button on the R1's huge display. Thought?

·
Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
224 Posts
I'd like that as well. I never found a good app that did that even on CarPlay though. I think Apple didn't want you looking at that while driving, maybe Rivian would only let you look at it when stopped or something though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
In a decade of Tesla ownership I am still dumbfounded no weather layer has ever been added, or apparently even considered, in the app stack.

Surely Rivian can do better! Weather is the obvious thing to add to any connected car capable of lengthy road trips. It should be just another data layer in the Maps app, like traffic or topography.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would love to see the addition of a weather forecast / storm tracker map on the R1T big screen. I own an outdoor adventure recreation facility and everything revolves around the weather and incoming storms. When I am off sight, I regularly check my phone for updates on incoming storms. It would be more convenient and safer to have that info available with a push of a button on the R1's huge display. Thought?
Wind direction would be nice as well because how much it affects range...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts