Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm a pre-order holder for R1T which I have placed in 1st week of this year...
Today I got the email from Rivian with the guide name that was assigned to me and the person wants to schedule a call for future actions.
What is that? I was told I would not get delivery before 2023 and now this? Any ideas?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Sigh. I can't get mad at you, not your fault you got lucky, but as someone who ordered two years before you and still doesn't have a guide contact I can't really be happy for you either.

I'm feeling a little down because I just had my second "First Ride" today, which reinforced how much I want this car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where are you located? City/State?
Seattle

Also what was your configuration? Curious what configuration got you to win the selection lottery. :p
Adventure Package
Large pack
El Cap Granite
21" Road wheels
Black Mountain

But at 1st I ordered a Max pack which I changed to a Large pack within a week after placing a pre-order. Also, I had 20" black wheels which I have changed a week ago to 21"

Sigh. I can't get mad at you, not your fault you got lucky, but as someone who ordered two years before you and still doesn't have a guide contact I can't really be happy for you either.

I'm feeling a little down because I just had my second "First Ride" today, which reinforced how much I want this car.
I totally get it. I still can't believe even after call with the guide!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all,
Today I got the email from Rivian with the guide name that was assigned to me and the person wants to schedule a call for future actions.
What is that? I was told I would not get delivery before 2023 and now this? Any ideas?
Hello all,
I placed my preorder on 1-1-22 the same R1T like your. In orange California. They emailed me twice and a text message. The guide called me after I replied. Now I have another email called Electronic Sign.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I placed my preorder on 1-1-22 the same R1T like your. In orange California. They emailed me twice and a text message. The guide called me after I replied. Now I have another email called Electronic Sign.
Yeah, I spoke with guide over a phone already and he told me to wait for “Electronic sign” email. Any idea how long it’s going to take to get it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hope Rivian understands that their brand has been supported by long term supporters who feel very, very neglected every time this happens. Supporters are a forgiving bunch but a little explanation would go a long way. About eight months ago I had a conversation with a relative who had just pre-ordered and had no idea that there would be delays. Guess what? He just got his truck. I'm fifteen minutes from a hub and a service center, pre-ordered in September 2019, and I've never spoken to a guide.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Location has a lot to do with it. They are going to areas where they have the ability to service the vehicles.

Also, it would appear that the March 1st fiasco resulted in many cancelled orders that did not renew once they reversed the price increase for existing order holders.

My guide called today to confirm and finalize my order. Said I should have the VIN# tomorrow. Difference is, I'm not getting the truck I ordered. Rather, they gave me multiple choices of what's coming off the production line that are not accounted for (cancelled orders). 4 weeks to delivery in California.

Had my choice of color, configuration, etc. He ran down the list of what was available (next to come off the production line). A LOT of Launch Green trucks were available. Apparently not everyone's first choice after giving it some thought? A couple of the bright blue one's and a black one.

I received the original e-mail last week that my order was up and ready to be confirmed. Could have confirmed my original build and gotten it about 6 weeks. There were a few (colors I noted above) that I could have had next week or the following week as they were already in route to California, but they were colors I didn't want.

Once the order is confirmed and my VIN# delivered, I'll know for sure it's absolutely confirmed. Then I'll come back and share what items I was flexible on and what I got instead, compared to my original build.

·
Registered
929 Posts
If you win the lottery, you are likely getting a config pre-built for another pre-order customer that bailed, couldn't get financing or died.

The truck was built, prepped for delivery and is likely sitting very close to you (if you won the lottery).

My buddy ordered in 2021, got his before my 2019.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts