Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Vendor
58 Posts
Hi Folks

Signed up for our Rivian at SEMA a few years back. Took delivery in June. Will be working on fun bits for our Rivian. Picture from the day we took delivery.

And as she now sits without the wheel aero covers. I snap them back in for longer trips but around town the slight hit to efficiency is not relevant since we have solar installs at home and at Good-Win Racing.

I am an old race car driver and general car geek, and a solar and EV enthusiast. I like the speed, I like that we 'fill it up' for FREE using our big solar install on our shop and our solar on the home roof. Picture of the first panel I laid on our commercial roof at Good-Win Racing, about 100 panels up there now and another 34 at home.

I am daily reminded in driving it that Rivian never made a vehicle before, not having steps molded somewhere in the rear makes it more slick but less useful as a truck. We added rear step bumper because many mornings I want to step in and out of the back without lowering gear tunnel, etc. Most of our business is making speed parts for the Mazda Miata, the Rivian will tow our race cars to events on the weekends. Picture from one of our 'Cars and Coffee' events at the shop:

· Registered
1,773 Posts
Hi Folks

Signed up for our Rivian at SEMA a few years back. Took delivery in June. Will be working on fun bits for our Rivian. Picture from the day we took delivery.

And as she now sits without the wheel aero covers. I snap them back in for longer trips but around town the slight hit to efficiency is not relevant since we have solar installs at home and at Good-Win Racing.

I am an old race car driver and general car geek, and a solar and EV enthusiast. I like the speed, I like that we 'fill it up' for FREE using our big solar install on our shop and our solar on the home roof. Picture of the first panel I laid on our commercial roof at Good-Win Racing, about 100 panels up there now and another 34 at home.

I am daily reminded in driving it that Rivian never made a vehicle before, not having steps molded somewhere in the rear makes it more slick but less useful as a truck. We added rear step bumper because many mornings I want to step in and out of the back without lowering gear tunnel, etc. Most of our business is making speed parts for the Mazda Miata, the Rivian will tow our race cars to events on the weekends. Picture from one of our 'Cars and Coffee' events at the shop:

Congrats on getting your R1T @BrianGoodwin! What kind of range are you getting when you tow your race cars?

· Vendor
58 Posts
As for what fun bits we will make for the Rivian, really don't yet know. Love to hear ideas from folks on what they want to improve their experience with the Rivian. I have some ideas and some mocked up prototypes, but nothing I want to show yet because lots of stuff that I dream up never makes it to production for various reasons like costs and complexity, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts