Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being one of the first to order one, Nov 29th, 2018, I was a little miffed when I read about all these other people getting theirs before me. Some who ordered more than a year after me were already driving theirs!
Turns out that most of those were the Launch Green with standard black interior. Mine was to be Canyon Red with Ocean Coast interior. We all know now what happened to Ocean Coast.
What bothers me somewhat is that Rivian never let me, or anyone else, know in time that the OC interior was causing the delays in deliveries, and that we could change our configuration.
When that email finally came a few weeks ago, I immediately changed my configuration.
My delivery date was to be April/May anyway. Soon after that, I received an email from my guide, saying she sees I changed my configuration. At this point I was so tired of waiting, I would have accepted almost any truck.
I did turn down a white with black interior, too much like a Utility truck from the electric company.
I did give my guide three color choices with of course the black interior. Finally she came back saying she can get me a Compass Yellow with Black but I have to be quick or it'll be gone. I jumped on it and am finally getting it this Friday the 13th of May at 1:00pm.
It has the 21" road wheels instead of the 20" off road ones I preferred. This might just be fine because I am driving down to Florida, 1100 miles three days after I get my truck. I am not sure of how much better range these will provide, I will try and keep track of my usage.
All I can say is, I am very exited and do not plan on selling it. Need it for my business which is delivering Nobe's to customers in Florida. I am the exclusive dealer for Nobe's when they reach production probably in 2023.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I hope you enjoy it ! I'd like to hear how your trip to Florida goes (efficiency, charging, Driver +).

I got mine on Monday, after a 3 1/2 year wait and I'm loving it so far ! I don't have any trips planned until the end of June, so just local driving for now.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congratulations!
Mine was one of those Launch Green / Black / 21" units, but it still took 3 years, 2 months, and 10 days to deliver. I have only driven it around town, no trips yet. You will not be disappointed, so much fun and so many cool features to get to know.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Being one of the first to order one, Nov 29th, 2018, I was a little miffed when I read about all these other people getting theirs before me. Some who ordered more than a year after me were already driving theirs!
Turns out that most of those were the Launch Green with standard black interior. Mine was to be Canyon Red with Ocean Coast interior. We all know now what happened to Ocean Coast.
What bothers me somewhat is that Rivian never let me, or anyone else, know in time that the OC interior was causing the delays in deliveries, and that we could change our configuration.
When that email finally came a few weeks ago, I immediately changed my configuration.
My delivery date was to be April/May anyway. Soon after that, I received an email from my guide, saying she sees I changed my configuration. At this point I was so tired of waiting, I would have accepted almost any truck.
I did turn down a white with black interior, too much like a Utility truck from the electric company.
I did give my guide three color choices with of course the black interior. Finally she came back saying she can get me a Compass Yellow with Black but I have to be quick or it'll be gone. I jumped on it and am finally getting it this Friday the 13th of May at 1:00pm.
It has the 21" road wheels instead of the 20" off road ones I preferred. This might just be fine because I am driving down to Florida, 1100 miles three days after I get my truck. I am not sure of how much better range these will provide, I will try and keep track of my usage.
All I can say is, I am very exited and do not plan on selling it. Need it for my business which is delivering Nobe's to customers in Florida. I am the exclusive dealer for Nobe's when they reach production probably in 2023.
Hey Victerry, I get my truck in 4-6 weeks assuming nothing is wrong and I wanted the 21" wheels instead of the 20" inch which is what I'll be getting. Want to swap wheels?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well made it to Florida, exactly 1,100 miles. With a 300 mile charge, we left around 9:45ish. Planned on stopping for lunch around noon and would charge during lunch. Didn't have breakfast.
Being rookies at using charging stations, we picked a charger near Chick-fil-e. Turns out it was only a 50kW station. So had lunch and left with about 150 miles on it. Lesson learned. Look for fast chargers, not Chic-Fil-et's.
The trip was uneventful other than an accident in the opposite lanes going north. 95 Was shut down for 5 hours and the backup was for several miles.
The truck was smooth, quiet and comfortable, no tire noise at all. Yes the seats worked well for me and my son. I found that at 76 mph on Cruise control was the optimum speed. When my battery showed 100 miles left, and the next charging station was 60 miles away, at 76 mph the truck used 1 mile vs. getting 1 mile closer, and I got there with 40 miles left.
I assume the 21" road wheels have a lot to do with it? They soaked up pot holes and bumps very well.
Sorry the charging did not go as planned and I didn't keep track because of my first mistake. All my previous charging was with my Tesla Y and the Tesla chargers, which are very simple to use.
Still getting "What is that?" I say "it's a Rivian" What's a Rivian?, who makes it? Rivian makes it! Where are they made? They're made in Normal Illinois. These are questions from people who should know, like people selling car insurance, tire shop workers, cops! Yes, still a large number of people who still have no clue.
If you haven't already, YouTube Sandy Munroe and Rivian. He likes it so much, he brought himself (wife) one and she won't give it up. He says this truck should be a $100,000 truck! And if anyone knows, Sandy knows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts