Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since RIVIAN loves to call this an Adventure Vehicle rather then a truck, what does everyone enjoy as a passion?

For me it’s cycling of all types, MTB, Gravel, Road... When I’m not on the bike it’s Snowboarding, Kayaking, and Camping... What do you enjoy?

Post your Adventures!!! #OptOutside

Singletrack SS.jpg Gravel Corn.jpg OCNJ RR.jpg Raystown.jpg Snowboarding BlueMt.jpg

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
148 Posts
Travel down to South Carolina with my wife, 2 kids and 2 dogs. That is an adventure 😁. Shenandoah national park is another place we go every now and then. I don’t do much of serious off road, but I have been looking at renting a house on the 4x4 beach area in outer banks and didn’t have a 4x4 car to drive there.

I am getting the R1S though.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
239 Posts
Hunting, visiting my remote properties which are all 5-20 miles down poorly maintained dirt roads, exploring trails and backcountry throughout the Rocky Mountain west, doing ski trips in winter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hunting, visiting my remote properties which are all 5-20 miles down poorly maintained dirt roads, exploring trails and backcountry throughout the Rocky Mountain west, doing ski trips in winter.
I am looking to do hunting trips as well. I still think most hunters will think an EV truck wont work. I think with proper planning things will be just fine. If someone can replace the 5 gallon gas it will gain more traction with hunters. My main trips will be camping, biking and hiking though. Hunting is only one to two weeks of my vacations. The only thing I am a little bummed compared to Tesla is the lack of ability to do Camp Mode. I have slept in the back of my Tacoma many times so it would be awesome to sleep in the bed and and the ability to turn the heat on. Of course not a four and half foot bed, but at least a 6 foot bed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm based in NC, so I will be traveling to (1) the NC Outer Banks (Hey Rivian, please add some Rivian Adventure Network chargers out there!) (2) the NC mountains for hiking, rafting, golf, etc. (3) golf trips to the Pinehurst area (we go about once a month), (4) SC to visit family, (5) Savannah GA to visit my sons, and (5) Florida to visit my brother and play golf.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For work, I'll be using it to visit farms all over the Midwest, assuming charging is available by the time I buy (charging stations are a bit thin once you get on secondary highways compared to interstates right now in the Midwest). The adjustable ground clearance will be a plus when driving on uneven and often rutted farm lanes. For fun, state parks for sure. If it's comfortable enough to drive long distance, I would take it to Rocky Mountain National Park (700 miles away from me). Mostly I will be using it to haul a lot of landscaping supplies to my 7 acre home property, including towing a trailer at times with mulch, compost, etc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your current rig looks awesome! Is that a Toyota? Can you share more details about it? Did you do the restoration? Is the Rivian replacing or supplementing?
Looks to be an FJ50 series, great setup! I recently bought an FJ80 that I am fixing up to enjoy for a bit until the R1T arrives... FJ80 - 1.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
First trip may be to the Abandon Ghost Trains of Maine in the Allagash Wilderness area.
Then looking forward to post pandemic Trail and Ultra Trail Running Festivals in the New England area (NH White Mountains, VT Green Mountains, NY Adirondacks, and Acadia Maine).
The Camp Kitchen is going to be awesome !!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
First trip may be to the Abandon Ghost Trains of Maine in the Allagash Wilderness area.
Then looking forward to post pandemic Trail and Ultra Trail Running Festivals in the New England area (NH White Mountains, VT Green Mountains, NY Adirondacks, and Acadia Maine).
The Camp Kitchen is going to be awesome !!
Have you by any chance decided what specific things about the Rivian should be tested?
Or basic things it should do on the trail compared to the average ICE off-roader?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts