Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you want an electric pick up truck this year than Rivian is the only option. The hummer is so expensive you could buy two R1Ts for the price of one of those hummer trucks. For the money there’s nothing that comes close in terms of features performance and capabilities that the R1T and R1S are promising.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you want an electric pick up truck this year than Rivian is the only option. The hummer is so expensive you could buy two R1Ts for the price of one of those hummer trucks. For the money there’s nothing that comes close in terms of features performance and capabilities that the R1T and R1S are promising.
Is the Hummer more expensive? Yes, is it a 2:1 ratio, not at all. Hummer has many more features than the R1T, they may or may not be important to you. These are all included in the $113K Edition 1 price.

• Much larger bed size, width and length
  • Multipro tailgate with a step
  • Underbody cameras for 4 wheeling
  • Removable roof
  • Powered drop down rear window
  • 350KW/800V charging capability
  • 37 inch tire capability
  • 4 wheel steering and crab mode

R1T Adventure package is $75K, add Max Pack and other options, you are at around $90K, without a removable roof option, of which the price is unknown at this point.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did you add the kitchen in to get to 90? Also, the Hummer at this point, will not be eligible for the $7,500 rebate.

Not trying to enter the debate, but I think you are realistically talking 85,000 with a 7,500 rebate, so for now 77,500 vs starting price of 112,595. Clearly not double, but also not all that close. That is also the 400 mile Rivian, giving it more range than the Hummer.

In something that is much more subjective, I am not a fan of the aesetics of the Hummer, particularly the interior with the protruding screens.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Did you add the kitchen in to get to 90? Also, the Hummer at this point, will not be eligible for the $7,500 rebate.

Not trying to enter the debate, but I think you are realistically talking 85,000 with a 7,500 rebate, so for now 77,500 vs starting price of 112,595. Clearly not double, but also not all that close. That is also the 400 mile Rivian, giving it more range than the Hummer.

In something that is much more subjective, I am not a fan of the aesetics of the Hummer, particularly the interior with the protruding screens.
I initially set up an R1T, with the kitchen, at $95K. $90K included max pack, wheel and paint upgrades. I have since changed to a $70K R1S Explorer (hopefully early 22, or else I will bail on it), and will get the Hummer also. By the time I get the Hummer (late 22 or early 23), it will likely have the tax credit also, even if it does not, I do not care. I will pay cash for the R1S, and then use that tax credit toward the Hummer.

For me, I have seen the Hummer in person and it is an awesome looking vehicle to me personally. Has all the features that I want for my retirement. The gear tunnel and camp kitchen are cool on the R1T, but I do not really need them. My wife will be happy driving the R1S, and she never goes off road, at least not intentionally.:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’d probably cancel my R1T order if one of theses manufacturers produces a PHEV Truck with about 30 - 50 miles of EV Range.

Ram (1500)
Ford (Ranger)
Toyota (Tundra)
Jeep (Gladiator)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Another RANT
DUDES IF YOU ARE ARE HERE AND CAN AFFORD A RIVIAN HOW CAN THERE BE ANY DOUBT
Explanation to that
I have a 14 Cherokee it has had so many problems IN THE SHOP RIGHT NOW! for a "Common problem"
The front struts failed ALL OF THEM
The TRANSMISSION FAILED
ALL OF THEM!!!!!
We have come to accept these things from the big manufacturers
WTF
now we are Scrutinising a company that is obviously trying to do better in a impossible market RIGHT HERE IN THE USA

GIVE THEM A CHANCE!!!!!

LOOK AT TESLA
There first car had a household smoke alarm built in it SERIOUSLY!!!!!!

CHINA IS GOING TO DESTROY THE AMERICAN MANUFACTURERS

Sadly the RIVIAN has to Rely on China for batteries
If you want to wait I Guarantee China has seen a demand for a electric truck and will respond soon

OUR COUNTRY IS IN BIG TROUBLE
I don't want to give China a penny but you look at the Kandi that little car is solid at a price lower than a golf cart

THANK YOU R.J. AND HIS TEAM
THANK YOU ELON AND HIS TEAM
THE "USA" BIG MANUFACTURERS ARE SO BEHIND THEY CAN'T EVEN SEE THE COMPETITION OVER THE HORIZON
LOOK AT THEM SCRAMBLING TO THROW MORE OF THERE 💩 ON US

THINK OF WHERE THEY COULD BE IF THEY HAD STARTED LOOKING TO THE FUTURE 10 YEARS AGO AS ELON & RJ DID

WE ARE GOING TO DO THE SAME DAMM THING WE DID IN THE LATE 70s

Japan came in with Mediocre vehicles and crushed the American market

NOW WE ARE GOING TO LET CHINA DO THE SAME
PROBLEM IS THEY WANT OUR COUNTRY ALSO

SO MABY I AM WAY OUT THERE BUT TO ME BUYING A RIVIAN IS A INVESTMENT IN MY COUNTRY!!!!!!

AGGGGHHHH
done screaming
Is it JUNE YET

·
Registered
188 Posts
CHINA IS GOING TO DESTROY THE AMERICAN MANUFACTURERS

Sadly the RIVIAN has to Rely on China for batteries
I do not think Rivian is getting batteries from China, so far it is South Korea.

But, this is why I am also a Hummer reservation holder, those batteries are being made right here in the USA and GM is now planning a second battery plant.

·
Registered
148 Posts
After my first brand new truck 2000 GMC Sierra and how GM and the Dealerships RIPPED ME OFF
Won't give them a penny
Why should I
I busted my ass to buy a brand new truck only to get more screwed than if I bought a used one
Is it JUNE YET

·
Registered
485 Posts
Heyvernsky, have you considered that your manner of typing some posts — the ALL CAPS and improper grammar, for example — encourages people to skip your posts, ignore you, or at the very least damages your credibility. I know some of your posts are giving me eye and brain cancer. Your points may be given more consideration if you reduce the ALL CAPS, use punctuation, and use complete sentences.

Just my observations. Feel free to take it, or leave it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an order in for a Tesla CyberTruck 500 mile range (and ordered the FSD option) as well as the Rivian Max Pack.

Price is not really a big factor. Availability is. I have never driven a Rivian. I have never driven a CyberTruck. Rivian will be first to market, so even though it is more expensive, they are in the lead (it is really unknown when I could take deliver of a Tesla CT....it might be late 2023 because of the huge waiting list)

PA I currently have a Ford F150 with 157" wheelbase and "extended" range gas tank. Fine truck. I believe both the Rivian and CyberTruck will be superior ownership experiences.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I do not think Rivian is getting batteries from China, so far it is South Korea.

But, this is why I am also a Hummer reservation holder, those batteries are being made right here in the USA and GM is now planning a second battery plant.
LG and SK are the dominant Korean players in the EV battery field and both are already manufacturing in the US and have expansion plans to accommodate need.

·
Registered
188 Posts
LG and SK are the dominant Korean players in the EV battery field and both are already manufacturing in the US and have expansion plans to accommodate need.
Yes, I should have clarified, GM and LG are in a partnership. And Rivian is using LG as far as I know.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes, I should have clarified, GM and LG are in a partnership. And Rivian is using LG as far as I know.
LG has its own plant supplying (at least) GM and VW and is additionally partnering with GM on two other plants. SK supplying Ford as well a VW has one plant and is building a second.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys!

Maybe someone else is considering other vehicles like myself. Yes, I am leaning towards a Rivian, and have my spot in line, but what else is out there for the $ you're spending on a Rivian? I really want an electric, but cost wise, I can't help but think of what else you can get for the same amount. Please sell me on the Rivian :)

My considerations, keeping MPG (70 mile a day commute) and SIMILAR COST as my most important criteria (and driver seating room):

1. Rivian - (tax incentive later will help to reduce yearly taxable income)
  1. $69,300 with the all terrain 20s
  2. 4x4 - not needed but nice
  3. Even at this price, it's not the top-end with the ventilated seats, surround sound etc.
  4. Super fast & no gas
  5. smaller; not sure if this is a plus or minus if interior cabin room is large
  6. no cover for glass roof yet (they said could be offered as accessory)
  7. I will need to install 240v and new breaker
  8. over air updates
  9. Will people damage the trucks like they do Teslas? So strange!!

2. Ford F-150 Platinum Powerboost (Lariat trim can be had for less)
  1. $67k net price
  2. Available now
  3. Loaded with everything you can imagine (vented seats, panoramic roof W/ COVER, surround sound etc)
  4. 24mpg with hybrid
  5. Larger in size
  6. 4x2 or 4x4
  7. over air updates
3. BMW 540 (always loved them) (or even a 530 or 530e)
  1. $67k
  2. luxury & performance with everything you would expect (vented seats/massaging seats, surround sound etc)
  3. AWD available
  4. good gas mileage in the 30s
  5. yes, it's a car, but always on my list
4. F-150 Electric?
  1. Price TBD
  2. When is it available, 2022?
  3. full size
  4. need to install 240v and new breaker

21 - 40 of 47 Posts