Is the Hummer more expensive? Yes, is it a 2:1 ratio, not at all. Hummer has many more features than the R1T, they may or may not be important to you. These are all included in the $113K Edition 1 price.If you want an electric pick up truck this year than Rivian is the only option. The hummer is so expensive you could buy two R1Ts for the price of one of those hummer trucks. For the money there’s nothing that comes close in terms of features performance and capabilities that the R1T and R1S are promising.
I initially set up an R1T, with the kitchen, at $95K. $90K included max pack, wheel and paint upgrades. I have since changed to a $70K R1S Explorer (hopefully early 22, or else I will bail on it), and will get the Hummer also. By the time I get the Hummer (late 22 or early 23), it will likely have the tax credit also, even if it does not, I do not care. I will pay cash for the R1S, and then use that tax credit toward the Hummer.Did you add the kitchen in to get to 90? Also, the Hummer at this point, will not be eligible for the $7,500 rebate.
Not trying to enter the debate, but I think you are realistically talking 85,000 with a 7,500 rebate, so for now 77,500 vs starting price of 112,595. Clearly not double, but also not all that close. That is also the 400 mile Rivian, giving it more range than the Hummer.
In something that is much more subjective, I am not a fan of the aesetics of the Hummer, particularly the interior with the protruding screens.
I do not think Rivian is getting batteries from China, so far it is South Korea.CHINA IS GOING TO DESTROY THE AMERICAN MANUFACTURERS
Sadly the RIVIAN has to Rely on China for batteries
$2.5 million for the Hummer to the Tunnel to Towers Foundation. Second highest selling car of the auction.So far:
TRX went for $410K
Mach 1 went for $500K
The Bronco VIN 001 went for 1.075M, the Hummer basically went for more than the three other VIN 001 vehicles combined. The lady who bought it wishes to remain anonymous, although there is a picture of her.$2.5 million for the Hummer to the Tunnel to Towers Foundation. Second highest selling car of the auction.
LG and SK are the dominant Korean players in the EV battery field and both are already manufacturing in the US and have expansion plans to accommodate need.I do not think Rivian is getting batteries from China, so far it is South Korea.
But, this is why I am also a Hummer reservation holder, those batteries are being made right here in the USA and GM is now planning a second battery plant.
LG has its own plant supplying (at least) GM and VW and is additionally partnering with GM on two other plants. SK supplying Ford as well a VW has one plant and is building a second.Yes, I should have clarified, GM and LG are in a partnership. And Rivian is using LG as far as I know.
Maybe someone else is considering other vehicles like myself. Yes, I am leaning towards a Rivian, and have my spot in line, but what else is out there for the $ you're spending on a Rivian? I really want an electric, but cost wise, I can't help but think of what else you can get for the same amount. Please sell me on the Rivian
My considerations, keeping MPG (70 mile a day commute) and SIMILAR COST as my most important criteria (and driver seating room):
1. Rivian - (tax incentive later will help to reduce yearly taxable income)
- $69,300 with the all terrain 20s
- 4x4 - not needed but nice
- Even at this price, it's not the top-end with the ventilated seats, surround sound etc.
- Super fast & no gas
- smaller; not sure if this is a plus or minus if interior cabin room is large
- no cover for glass roof yet (they said could be offered as accessory)
- I will need to install 240v and new breaker
- over air updates
- Will people damage the trucks like they do Teslas? So strange!!
2. Ford F-150 Platinum Powerboost (Lariat trim can be had for less)
3. BMW 540 (always loved them) (or even a 530 or 530e)
- $67k net price
- Available now
- Loaded with everything you can imagine (vented seats, panoramic roof W/ COVER, surround sound etc)
- 24mpg with hybrid
- Larger in size
- 4x2 or 4x4
- over air updates
4. F-150 Electric?
- luxury & performance with everything you would expect (vented seats/massaging seats, surround sound etc)
- AWD available
- good gas mileage in the 30s
- yes, it's a car, but always on my list
- Price TBD
- When is it available, 2022?
- full size
- need to install 240v and new breaker