Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Another RANT
DUDES IF YOU ARE ARE HERE AND CAN AFFORD A RIVIAN HOW CAN THERE BE ANY DOUBT
Explanation to that
I have a 14 Cherokee it has had so many problems IN THE SHOP RIGHT NOW! for a "Common problem"
The front struts failed ALL OF THEM
The TRANSMISSION FAILED
ALL OF THEM!!!!!
We have come to accept these things from the big manufacturers
WTF
now we are Scrutinising a company that is obviously trying to do better in a impossible market RIGHT HERE IN THE USA

GIVE THEM A CHANCE!!!!!

LOOK AT TESLA
There first car had a household smoke alarm built in it SERIOUSLY!!!!!!

CHINA IS GOING TO DESTROY THE AMERICAN MANUFACTURERS

Sadly the RIVIAN has to Rely on China for batteries
If you want to wait I Guarantee China has seen a demand for a electric truck and will respond soon

OUR COUNTRY IS IN BIG TROUBLE
I don't want to give China a penny but you look at the Kandi that little car is solid at a price lower than a golf cart

THANK YOU R.J. AND HIS TEAM
THANK YOU ELON AND HIS TEAM
THE "USA" BIG MANUFACTURERS ARE SO BEHIND THEY CAN'T EVEN SEE THE COMPETITION OVER THE HORIZON
LOOK AT THEM SCRAMBLING TO THROW MORE OF THERE 💩 ON US

THINK OF WHERE THEY COULD BE IF THEY HAD STARTED LOOKING TO THE FUTURE 10 YEARS AGO AS ELON & RJ DID

WE ARE GOING TO DO THE SAME DAMM THING WE DID IN THE LATE 70s

Japan came in with Mediocre vehicles and crushed the American market

NOW WE ARE GOING TO LET CHINA DO THE SAME
PROBLEM IS THEY WANT OUR COUNTRY ALSO

SO MABY I AM WAY OUT THERE BUT TO ME BUYING A RIVIAN IS A INVESTMENT IN MY COUNTRY!!!!!!

AGGGGHHHH
done screaming
Is it JUNE YET
What makes you say "Is it June yet?" Are you amongst the first to order one? Otherwise most won't see theirs until 2022.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well my situation is different from most I believe. I'm retired and no longer into adventuring other than to go to the grocery store to check out hot grannies. I am an early adopter, Nov 29th, 2018, so I do believe I will get mine in July at the latest. My wife will inherit my 2021 Model Y. Then it all depends on how many employees, friends and family of Scaringe will jump in line before us.
That said, the only other EV I am going to get is a Nobe! They will be here towards the end of 2021 and will be perfect for running around the retirement community and grocery store. I have pre-order number 9!
NOBE 100.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm not sure Rivian is all about the Barrett Jackson "experience" but maybe I am mistaken. That Hummer looks atrocious and appears to be trying way too hard to make up for some major inadequacies. Talk about a car with a complex. The 4 door Bronco looks sharp. The F-150 just looks like plain old and outdated... Like they stuck a battery in the gas tank and called it a day. Won't even bother with Cybertruck. Honestly never considered anything but Rivian. If there were a 4 door / 4 motor EV Bronco with those nice steel wheels hitting the deck in June it might have been a tougher decision...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well my situation is different from most I believe. I'm retired and no longer into adventuring other than to go to the grocery store to check out hot grannies. I am an early adopter, Nov 29th, 2018, so I do believe I will get mine in July at the latest. My wife will inherit my 2021 Model Y. Then it all depends on how many employees, friends and family of Scaringe will jump in line before us.
That said, the only other EV I am going to get is a Nobe! They will be here towards the end of 2021 and will be perfect for running around the retirement community and grocery store. I have pre-order number 9! View attachment 1791
The vehicle that will put Estonia on the map as an auto manufacturing powerhouse.
Who needs an extended battery when you can keep one of these in your truck bed?

·
Registered
646 Posts
That said, the only other EV I am going to get is a Nobe! They will be here towards the end of 2021 and will be perfect for running around the retirement community and grocery store. I have pre-order number 9! View attachment 1791
160 miles is more range than i'd expect for a car like this. Also it has 3-wheel drive??

·
Registered
135 Posts
160 miles is more range than i'd expect for a car like this. Also it has 3-wheel drive??
It weighs 1,200 lbs and has room for only 3 with a top speed of 80. Tiny battery. It's also been in "pre-production" for quite some time. While I'd love to see it happen, it's got a ways to go before it sees the light of day.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts