Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Driver+
PWS
Obviously the power tonneau … goes without saying … junk

Rear seat folded position (like an SUV instead of like a pickup)
Lift-over height of the frunk
Reach-over length of gooseneck hinged tailgate
Bug-eye halo ring around Stadium headlights
Look-at-me horizontal light bars front and rear
Proximity "passive" key unlock sensitivity and repeated lock/unlock falses
Blind corners on 360º overhead "bird's eye" view

Not to leave out the "your appointment is in two months" unprepared service centers.
The birds eye view is the coolest feature I have ever seen. I know that Rivian didn't invent it, but being able to see exactly where my truck is in relation to corners, rocks, trees, garage, boat, even parking spaces for my daughters who are nuts on getting it perfect.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think as currently built the most useless existing feature is the wireless charging tray/pad. Truly hoping the TWRAPS mag charging pad works as intended. Rivian had a great idea w the wireless charger. Just a giant L. I love my truck. That pad is truly useless :)
The wireless charging works great for my phone (Samsung S20), the only issue is that it slides out of place and then the charging suspends, might need better grippy surface.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The forward driving cameras are unsightly to watch when moving except for one single instance when I was stuck in a thunderstorm and the camera could see much better than I could. Otherwise, why turn that silly thing on every time I go forward?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know it was mentioned earlier, but I'd have to say the power tonneau cover. Mine has essentially never worked, and I'd really like it to. I have one on my Duramax that has more than 250,000 miles and the cover operates flawlessly (and daily). My charge pad doesn't work great either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Adaptive Cruise Control. Hate it. Won't work if there is grime on the front camera, sometimes just up and says "system failure!" and quits working, frequent phantom breaking events on beautiful, sunny days with clear visibility. I would love an option to fall back to old fashioned cruise control when the ACC isn't working, or even just the ability to turn it off like you can for the Lane Departure Assist.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not having a glove box kinda sucks. Also, the storage space could use some dividers to stop things from sliding around. I agree that the charging pad is useless for all new iPhone models. I am also not a fan of the noises from the suspension system—it’s really noisy over rougher asphalt or even just uneven roads. My eTron is absolutely dead silent. Would really like to see the ability to change accent colors in the car. Not having Spotify remember my recent playlists or keep showing the same two playlists at the top sucks. Not having SiriusXM sucks. Not having the ability to add a new stop or it recommending parking or charging stations nearby on the navigation system sucks. Navigation system is lacking a lot of usability features actually. I miss having my phone mounted. Also, I would really like to see that ability to do more customization with the driver screen. The right control wheel is basically unused 90 percent of the time for me and it could be used for other tasks like scrolling through different views.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not unless, but most annoying is the key fob and proximity locking. It has a mind of its own. Takes a long time to unlock and often locks the R1T when I’m still standing right there! I’ve found I have to leave a door open so it doesn’t hurry up and lock before I’m done getting everything out of the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not having the R1S in my garage. But, maybe . . . s. O. O. n ;-)
I was going to say the pre-order process and lack of anyone in Customer Service knowing when the MaxPack Quad Motor R1T will be built! I seriously doubt if it will ever get built. Will save Rivian $$$s when they cancel all the pre-orders that were grandfathered
Not bitter at all …..

·
Registered
320 Posts
Driver+
PWS
Obviously the power tonneau … goes without saying … junk

Rear seat folded position (like an SUV instead of like a pickup)
Lift-over height of the frunk
Reach-over length of gooseneck hinged tailgate
Bug-eye halo ring around Stadium headlights
Look-at-me horizontal light bars front and rear
Proximity "passive" key unlock sensitivity and repeated lock/unlock falses
Blind corners on 360º overhead "bird's eye" view

Not to leave out the "your appointment is in two months" unprepared service centers.
I didn’t even know I didn’t like these till now!

Nature Organism Carnivore Terrestrial animal Adaptation

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm onboard with thinking camp speaker is not particularly useful (although not useless). I like idea of a lockable and customizable storage area -- or even a portable battery strong enough to act as a portable generator.

The wireless pad is way too temperamental for me. Never use it. Gave up and started using a cable.

The proximity locks are not really useless just a total pain in the neck. They open when I don't want them too and lag when I want them to (like in the pouring rain when carrying groceries).

I like the puddle lights but could do without the logo.

And, FWIW, I've gotten some insane navigation routes and often it takes a very long time to find a route. Apple must make the adoption of Apple CarPlay expensive or other onerous, because I'd much prefer wireless CarPlay than any of the current tech.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts