Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chasing Cars decided to render 7 electric cars based on how they'd look in the 1960s. One of those renderings happened to be of the R1T. They combined the R1Ts design with the Chevy C/K and came up with this.

The Rivian R1T is one of the most highly anticipated electric vehicles in the market. Also, the R1T is striking for the jugular as pickup trucks (and SUVs) are the hottest things since skinny jeans. While the world awaits the arrival of Rivian’s electric pickup truck, we reimagined how the R1T will fare when given the slab body lines of a 1960s pickup truck.

We took the twin vertical round headlight design of the International A Series truck, the squarish cab design of the R1T, and sharp contours of the Chevy C/K series. The result is a no-nonsense, no-frills electric pickup riding atop Rivian’s skateboard platform.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looks just like the Bollinger to me.
Yep. I'm not sure who "Chasing Cars" is, but they should be embarrassed at posting what they did. It's clearly not a "Rivian" other than it's a truck. Even the proportions are way off.

Reminds me of some of Doug Demuro videos. He'll often give incorrect information on "this is the only car with..." or "this is the first car with..." and I think to myself, "no Doug, it isn't. Just because it's the first you've seen something and you don't care enough to do any research doesn't mean it's actually the first."

·
Registered
890 Posts
I doubt it would be anything special if it were the 60s.

This hemp car that Henry Ford built comes off as anything regular from that era.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts