Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rivian will be building a second assembly plant in the U.S. this fall dubbed "Project Tera" in documents.

It will include 50 a gigawatt-hour (GWh) battery cell production line along with a product and technology center.

No further details on what exactly will be built at this plant are available at the moment.

What does everyone think Rivian will use this plant for?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Rivian will be building a second assembly plant in the U.S. this fall dubbed "Project Tera" in documents.

It will include 50 a gigawatt-hour (GWh) battery cell production line along with a product and technology center.

No further details on what exactly will be built at this plant are available at the moment.

You'd have to think it's for streamlining production for the R1S and R1T, or it could be something separate for all of Rivian's delivery vans.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Possibly the Max battery pack production?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Any states other than Arizona you guys would like to see this plant?
I think South Carolina might have a serious chance. Volvo and BMW both have facilities there. Volvo, in particular, is actively expanding their plant — including building a large EV battery plant. South Carolina is also anti-union and has demonstrated they’re willing to offer incentives to manufacturers.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
603 Posts
I think South Carolina might have a serious chance. Volvo and BMW both have facilities there. Volvo, in particular, is actively expanding their plant — including building a large EV battery plant. South Carolina is also anti-union and has demonstrated they’re willing to offer incentives to manufacturers.
I toured the BMW plant there shortly after it opened. SC is definitely hard core on recruiting automotive companies. They extended the runway from the Greenville airport into the the factory to assist with logistics. International cargo flights literally unload directly into the plant. It’s pretty impressive.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hope my Governor doesn't screw this up
But Ironically a announcement from a EV battery manufacturer came at same time saying in Maracopa County and a new pit mine in Arizona with large amounts of Lithium sounds like Arizona is going to be a huge player in the EV industry
Also Sonora Mexico has a large Lithium Mine
Not sure if that plays into the big picture

JUST DON'T CALIFORNIA MY ARIZONA!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.