Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like a stupid question, I know. But I saw this post on twitter and it got me thinking.... while Rivian might be a household name for us, is it still relatively unknown for others?

Our company CEO wasn't even really aware of the brand, and he owns two Teslas.

So, do you think they still have s long way to go to get their name out there?

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is a really good question lol. I had never even heard of Rivian until I read an article in The Verge the other day. I've read enough now to feel confident that Rivian is not some vaporware, but initially, I was skeptical.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m confused -a self-proclaimed “car-guy” responds to a tweet from the CEO of a car company stating he doesn’t recognize the vehicle. Either he’s trolling or doesn’t do a quick research on the people he’s responding to. RJ’s profile clearly states founder and CEO of Rivian.
This this guys sake I hope he's trolling

Still, I do think Rivian needs to do more awareness-based marketing.

The Long Way Up was a good start.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a really good question lol. I had never even heard of Rivian until I read an article in The Verge the other day. I've read enough now to feel confident that Rivian is not some vaporware, but initially, I was skeptical.
That's what our CEO was thinking... vaporware.

To be honest, I've thought most of these startup EV companies were Vaporware, from Karma to Lucid. Rivian just always seemed legit to me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's what our CEO was thinking... vaporware.

To be honest, I've thought most of these startup EV companies were Vaporware, from Karma to Lucid. Rivian just always seemed legit to me.
I certainly hope we are right about Rivian because they are taking my money.

The next question is after-sale quality. Tesla had plenty of issues. Will Rivian?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Problem is, Rivian hasn't done any marketing and till that's done or they get a following like Tesla, it will remain a bit niche.
Yeah with the amount of resources and backing behind them you'd think their marketing push would be huge. I get under promising and over delivering but people still need to be aware you exist.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I feel like they've taken things a lot slower and more cautiously. It also looks like they do a lot more early testing of mules... so I'm not as worried.
I also think it's a plus that Rivian has a relationship with Ford who (I hope) will provide them with automotive manufacturing know-how. Production is at least as tough as design, and high quality levels are a must. Ford is interested in making sure Rivian is successful and can hopefully help solve the inevitable production and QA bugs - two areas that Tesla struggles with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.