Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
11 Posts
Rivian Police Interceptors are a big possibility and our renderings show how they could look, that is if what Rivian's special seat patent reveals is true (more on that below). One of them is in the Dubai Police Force livery :D:

Rivian R1S SUV Police Interceptor

Dubai Police Rivian R1T Pickup Truck

A special seat patent was filed late last year that provided a big hint at this happening. It revealed a seat design that wouldn't interfere with gear that first-responders typically wear nearly all the time. Far from anything in the conventional automotive seat.

Rivian Seat Patent

·
Registered
407 Posts
Rivian Police Interceptors are a big possibility and our renderings show how they could look, that is if what Rivian's special seat patent reveals is true (more on that below). One of them is in the Dubai Police Force livery :D:

View attachment 346
View attachment 345

A special seat patent was filed late last year that provided a big hint at this happening. It revealed a seat design that wouldn't interfere with gear that first-responders typically wear nearly all the time. Far from anything in the conventional automotive seat.

View attachment 347
I can easily see that R1T in the Dubai Police Force's fleet. It would fit right in next to the Cybertruck they ordered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can easily see that R1T in the Dubai Police Force's fleet. It would fit right in next to the Cybertruck they ordered.
Is the Rivian Police Interceptor targeted for the North American market and if so will it meet the 75 MPH rear crash police want? Thank you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Is the Rivian Police Interceptor targeted for the North American market and if so will it meet the 75 MPH rear crash police want? Thank you.
I think it's just a rendering. Not something Rivian is really considering.

Welcome to the forum BTW!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I don't expect Rivian to make them specifically but if a police department wants to use it then why not. As for the speed, I don't think that'll be an issue for the R1S or R1T.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Always been a fan of station wagons.. so if rumors are correct .. we would be down in adding a wagon version of a Rivian to our soon to be R1T/R1S .. gotta give Subaru a run for its money though..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
With Rivian making the delivery vans for Amazon it could open the door for a minivan, but that would have to be a few years down the road.
Oh yuck.... not a minivan.

Maybe some sort of adventure van with AWD and such.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If Rivian can get a full-size truck to go 0-60 in three seconds, imagine how fun a Rivian super sports car would be at half the weight, 4wd and extremely low center of gravity! Please not a boring compact people mover. A super sports car (though not terribly practical) would fit right in with Rivian’s adventure-loving, upscale target market and help solidify its technical prowess.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts