Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
R1T prototypes have been seen with Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus wheels, including the one that raced at the Rebelle Rally.

Would that be a good tire choice for people with the R1T and R1S? Or is there another tire brand or model that you want to see come standard? Maybe something like the Falken Wildpeak A/T's that are on the Jeep Gladiator?

·
Registered
4 Posts
R1T prototypes have been seen with Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus wheels, including the one that raced at the Rebelle Rally.

Would that be a good tire choice for people with the R1T and R1S? Or is there another tire brand or model that you want to see come standard? Maybe something like the Falken Wildpeak A/T's that are on the Jeep Gladiator?

Majority of Drivers will never take this vehicle off paved road. I would prefer a green source Tire that will yield quiet miles and have great road traction in bad weather. Michelin makes a great tire.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Majority of Drivers will never take this vehicle off paved road. I would prefer a green source Tire that will yield quiet miles and have great road traction in bad weather. Michelin makes a great tire.
Welcome to the forum @Jeff0648! That's true Michelin makes good tires, I've heard good things about their LTX A/T2 tires.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm waiting to see the review tomorrow since tires were def something they were doubting before the rally started.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I second that.
Only problem is anything beyond a regular all-season tire with some off-road capability will come at an extra cost. I'm not sure if it will be worth the trade off.

·
Registered
688 Posts
We have our answer, the R1S and R1T are going to have Pirelli tires that were designed in partnership with Rivian.

There will be three tires for 20, 21, and 22 inch wheels. The 21 inch tires have a unique size of 275 55R21

1 - 6 of 6 Posts