Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With R1T deliveries expected to start in June 2021 and R1S deliveries in August 2021, has anyone planned what their first big trip in their Rivian will be? Mine is likely going to be a drive up to cottage country and have fun with friends and family.

·
Registered
103 Posts
With R1T deliveries expected to start in June 2021 and R1S deliveries in August 2021, has anyone planned what their first big trip in their Rivian will be? Mine is likely going to be a drive up to cottage country and have fun with friends and family.
My first big trip would be from Normal to FL. I'm still hopeful that they'll have the option of picking the vehicle in Normal and doing a factory tour :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am going to drive to the West side of the island. To Tofino it is a long drive, but the road there is a windy up and down drive. Always wanted to do it in a sports car. But with the power of the R1T it will be awesome

·
Registered
17 Posts
I love this! Can't wait to see how it performs! When COVID is dealt with I'm going to take a trip down to Florida with the R1T.
Well, not so sure anymore. I was going to get the 180 kwh battery, so looks like the Rubicon is going to have to wait. Did notice the patent they filed for the removable upgradable battery. Based on the drawings it looks like it'll be R1T exclusive, but definitely interested in that (if cost makes sense)

·
Registered
18 Posts
If the opportunity arises to pick up our Rivians from the factory, I'd love to detour through Southern Utah and the Canyonlands on the way home to Oregon next Summer. Hopefully, Rivian has some of our charging stations in place by then. That said, I've been pleased to see the patchwork of various national, regional, and local charging networks throughout the US and Canada. Downloading the ChargeHub app to your phone will give you locations and the power/pricing details of over 30 charging networks throughout North America.

Using ChargeHub's filter, you can Identify the various networks and charging capabilities anywhere. Some places are more densely served than others, but I was pleased to see so many more stations than I initially noticed when searching vendor by vendor. It only takes a few minutes to sign up for access to each of the individual networks, but it should simplify life once we're in our vehicles.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I vote for a pick up in Normal, with a factory tour. Thinking about then heading west to Oregon to see family while touring some National Parks. Would then need to head home to Vermont, with more NP’s on the way. Thinking big, I know... ;)

On another note, when I went to the App Store to check out ChargeHub, more than 40 charge apps popped up— what are folks’ experiences with the different charge network apps, and which apps work well?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I vote for a pick up in Normal, with a factory tour. Thinking about then heading west to Oregon to see family while touring some National Parks. Would then need to head home to Vermont, with more NP’s on the way. Thinking big, I know... ;)

On another note, when I went to the App Store to check out ChargeHub, more than 40 charge apps popped up— what are folks’ experiences with the different charge network apps, and which apps work well?
That would be an incredible trip.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Given that we won't get our R1S with the Max Package until late 2022 or early 2023, I'm hoping that will be enough elapsed time for a significant build out of the Rivian Adventure Network. This could allow my wife and I to tow our teardrop with the Rivian from our home in PA to Jasper & Banff NPs in Canada with an interim stop at Glacier along the way . . .

Probably wishful thinking both on the R1S delivery date and RAN build out though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Road trip!! pick it up at the factory and then drive it back to Dallas while exploring a little bit some state park on the way

·
Registered
39 Posts
The trip I will advertise here because it sounds cool is a trip to Alaska. However, I live in Ohio so in reality my first actual trip since I’m most likely to wait till January will be to Florida, somewhere warm... :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, if you want warm, there is that charger network they built out in South America. :)
My wife is from 🇵🇪 Peru, I know first hand the road conditions and culture there. I’m not sure I’d take a vehicle like that down there, don’t need that kind of attention. especially through Mexico and Columbia. 🥴I did enjoy the “The Long Way Up” :) I’m too old for that kind of adventure... lol I’ll stick to Canada and the states thank you ☺.

·
Registered
799 Posts
My first drive will be around my block. Probably go show off to my dad, too, as I know he'll be jealous.

My first "trip" will almost certainly be to the Outer Banks. I love it there, and I can't wait to take my R1T out onto the sandy beach!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts