Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
With R1T deliveries expected to start in June 2021 and R1S deliveries in August 2021, has anyone planned what their first big trip in their Rivian will be? Mine is likely going to be a drive up to cottage country and have fun with friends and family.
SF to Yosemite . . . one reason I put down a deposit was stated a goal, during the LA Launch Party, to make a truck that could get from SF to Yosemite, and back, on a single charge. Not sure it will actually make it, but that's my first trip when my extended range version arrives sometime in 2022 :sneaky:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
SF to Yosemite . . . one reason I put down a deposit was stated a goal, during the LA Launch Party, to make a truck that could get from SF to Yosemite, and back, on a single charge. Not sure it will actually make it, but that's my first trip when my extended range version arrives sometime in 2022 :sneaky:
That's going to be a great trip. Do you go to Yosemite a lot?

·
Registered
6 Posts
With R1T deliveries expected to start in June 2021 and R1S deliveries in August 2021, has anyone planned what their first big trip in their Rivian will be? Mine is likely going to be a drive up to cottage country and have fun with friends and family.
Pikes Peak would be pretty wild. See how it performs at altitude

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think our first trip with the R1T will be to the Redwoods via Crater Lake. We may possibly rent a 22' trailer as a test run to see if we like RV'ing.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
243 Posts
I hope it will be to tailgate at a Penn State game this fall with family. Against Michigan on November 13 would be great. Against Ohio State will be too crowded. Auburn on September 18 would be nice too.

Of course, all depends on Rivian delivering to me (no idea what is my place in line) and the games being open to the public. Both are unknowns at this point.

PS: Realistically, it will probably be a weekend trip to Shenandoah National Park. It is about 2 hours from where I live.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
A good amount, my wife grew up in that area so we head up a few times a year . . . not always into the park, but in & around the area quite a lot.

Are you out this way?
No I'm not I'm out in Ontario (Canada).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im going to see if I can high center it on the roughest trail is realistically want to take it on. I’ll keep it if it passes or I’ll just drive it back to the dealership or wherever you’re supposed to return them.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts