Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Rivian has already said they plan to deliver the first 15 in December. I think most of us that have LEs on order should realistically be thinking March - June.
Where was the statement about 15 R1S's in December? Emailed Customer Service yesterday asking how soon after the third anniversary of our deposit would we actually see a vehicle, especially after we had just bought a piece of the company. Our stock purchase was way more than the deposit. The email asked that a "lead" type person give us a serious answer and not another of those "by Thanksgiving" statements. A "by year's end" would be good, but it would probably be a false statement. If there are not more than a few dozen vehicles a month produced real soon Rivian is going to have a lot of explaining to do. Amazon and Ford will be asking why they are not getting more from their investment.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Where was the statement about 15 R1S's in December? Emailed Customer Service yesterday asking how soon after the third anniversary of our deposit would we actually see a vehicle, especially after we had just bought a piece of the company. Our stock purchase was way more than the deposit. The email asked that a "lead" type person give us a serious answer and not another of those "by Thanksgiving" statements. A "by year's end" would be good, but it would probably be a false statement. If there are not more than a few dozen vehicles a month produced real soon Rivian is going to have a lot of explaining to do. Amazon and Ford will be asking why they are not getting more from their investment.
From amendment 3 of the S1 its actually more than 15 built by end of December:

By the end of 2021, we intend to produce approximately 1,200 R1Ts and 25 R1Ss and deliver approximately 1,000 R1Ts and 15 R1Ss.

·
Registered
R1S LE in LE Green
119 Posts
If our investment stays on the current pace--we will have our Rivians paid off by the time they arrive. Not a bad deal--sell us a vehicle but with a five- or six-bagger investment in Rivian we can pay off the vehicle!

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
If our investment stays on the current pace--we will have our Rivians paid off by the time they arrive. Not a bad deal--sell us a vehicle but with a five- or six-bagger investment in Rivian we can pay off the vehicle!
It's funny you say that. I thought about the same thing yesterday. It would be great to have it paid for before it arrives.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's funny you say that. I thought about the same thing yesterday. It would be great to have it paid for before it arrives.
Have not covered 100 percent of the cost yet, but the few thousand invested in Tesla stock a few years ago has a substantial amount of the cost of the R1S covered. Planned to keep the Tesla stock for awhile yet and see if it does go to $ 2000 plus a share in the next year. Then pay for the Rivian.

·
Registered
R1S LE in LE Green
119 Posts
Have not covered 100 percent of the cost yet, but the few thousand invested in Tesla stock a few years ago has a substantial amount of the cost of the R1S covered. Planned to keep the Tesla stock for awhile yet and see if it does go to $ 2000 plus a share in the next year. Then pay for the Rivian.
That is so funny—pay for a Rivian with Tesla stock! That is awesome! I still would like a Tesla someday.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered a R1S 3 years ago now on Nov 27th, however may change to a 400 mile battery when available, so 2023 I would imagine 🙄 Replacing a 10 MPG ‘21 Land Cruiser 200 🙈

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ah how optimistic everyone is here for early 2022 deliveries. Projections for a handful of r1s’s does not translate to tens of thousands automagically being manufactured within 6 months thereafter. Best of luck, but I am not holding my breath for 2022 at all for my Nov 2018 reservation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I actually placed an order last night and chatted with Rivian this morning. They told me to expect delivery by 2023
Hi,

Thank you for your continued support of Rivian. We can't wait to get you
behind the wheel of your R1S. Now that vehicle production is ramping up at
our factory in Normal, IL, and we're building out our service and support in
your region, we're able to share an updated delivery window
Your Launch Edition R1S delivery window is now June - July 2022.
Please note that this delivery window is based on your current
configuration, delivery location, and preorder date.
Your preorder is a vote for finding better ways of doing things on a planet
that needs all of us to think big and innovate. If you have any questions,
please reach out to us
Thank you again”

LE summer 2022 earliest.
non-LE 2023 and beyond
I actually went ahead with a Model Y order last month. Probably by the time my other car is due for replacement the R1S will be ready. Aka, have options and don’t hold your breath.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ugh, that is a major bummer. If that's true I could be looking at close to 4 years from my pre order date of April 2019. Definitely not what I was anticipating. Already replaced one of my vehicles, so will hold out as long as it takes but I was really counting on a 2022 delivery

·
Registered
8 Posts
And a Happy Thanksgiving to you too!
@

LakeBoundR1S :
If you were planning on a 2022 delivery then you're an idiot. Rivian never promised you a delivery date. While we all want our Rivian NOW, they never promised you a delivery date. When the configurator went live in Nov 2020, Rivian made it clear that the LE was going to be delivered first - the LE does NOT include the Max Pack battery, and it was announce that the R1S was specifically going to be delivered after the R1T. Anyone who has an LE configuration is now (for the first time) being promised mid-2022. A 2018 reservation buys you a few months before a 2020 reservation. But seriously, did you really expect that Rivian would deliver ALL its pre-orders at the same time the FIRST pre-order was delivered? I guess that would mean you expect Teslat to deliver 1 million Cybertrucks next year ... Ha Ha Ha.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts