Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have looked at the news from rivian about charging.
I cannot find a clear summary.

Is this a correct?
  • Can charge (for free?) at dedicated rivian chargers (rivian adventure network?) (DC fast chargers capable of adding up to 140 miles of range in 20 minutes) (is this free?)
  • Can charge (for free?) dedicated Rivian Waypoint chargers - Level 2 AC chargers deliver up to 25 miles of range every hour)
  • Can charge (for a fee?) at chargers on CCS networks (what is that?)
  • Can charge at 240V and 120V outlets anywhere

Am I close?

Also, I see rivian talking about a rivian app, but I cannot find it anywhere.

Thanks.
Mac

·
Registered
125 Posts
  • Can charge (for free?) at dedicated rivian chargers (rivian adventure network?) (DC fast chargers capable of adding up to 140 miles of range in 20 minutes) (is this free?)
    • No costs structure announced yet
  • Can charge (for free?) dedicated Rivian Waypoint chargers - Level 2 AC chargers deliver up to 25 miles of range every hour)
    • No costs structure announced yet
  • Can charge (for a fee?) at chargers on CCS networks (what is that?)
    • Yes this is correct
  • Can charge at 240V and 120V outlets anywhere
    • Yes this is correct

Also, I see rivian talking about a rivian app, but I cannot find it anywhere.
App not released yet

·
Registered
153 Posts
The app has not been released yet.

My understanding is charging on the Rivian network will be included for owners.

CCS is one of the common standards across the charging industry. It means your Rivian can charge at 3rd party stations, but yes, that will invariably cost you to charge.

Yes, you can charge from standard outlets as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The app has not been released yet.

CCS is one of the common standards across the charging industry. It means your Rivian can charge at 3rd party stations, but yes, that will invariably cost you to charge.

Yes, you can charge from standard outlets as well.
Thanks.
So, would "3rd party stations" mean places like ChargePoint, EVgo, Electrify America?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I believe the advantage of Rivian network charging is connectivity (identifies you automatically upon connection). I don't believe it will be free.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
310 Posts
Do you have a source for this? In the official announcement from Rivian, they stated that pricing would be forthcoming - which leads me to believe it will not be free.

·
Registered
159 Posts
From the website:

"These DC fast chargers will be for Rivian owners only, with details on pricing and associated programs coming soon." The connector should automatically identify you to the charger for billing purposes.

·
Registered
R1S Launch Edition
35 Posts
From the website:

"These DC fast chargers will be for Rivian owners only, with details on pricing and associated programs coming soon." The connector should automatically identify you to the charger for billing purposes.
A nice perk would be free lifetype rivian fast charging for life ;-) for Launch Editions...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts