Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the delay in production and the longer LE delivery timeline, plans to drive my current truck into the ground have become more literal. Since I pre-ordered, I have had to replace a transmission and a fuse box. That's about half the value of the truck at this point (2012 Silverado HD) when you factor in towing. So, I thought I was good until this weekend when I sanded all the way through the left rear quarter panel trying to remove some rust. It felt soft when I was sanding, then the entire area just blew right through. I think rocks hitting up inside the wheel-well started the small rust patch, BUT I spent an hour and 3 coats of Bondo, then sanding, paint and clear coat and covered it all up. Came out alright when I was done.
Just need all of this to last until... S=0==0=N...
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. I am hoping for 1 more oil change, and thats it. 186,000 miles on my 2500HD. I love the fact that it drives like an old dump truck, because its gonna make the new truck feel that much better! I also won't miss standing at the pump in the cold and watching it run until it hits $100 smackers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.