Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
With the delay in production and the longer LE delivery timeline, plans to drive my current truck into the ground have become more literal. Since I pre-ordered, I have had to replace a transmission and a fuse box. That's about half the value of the truck at this point (2012 Silverado HD) when you factor in towing. So, I thought I was good until this weekend when I sanded all the way through the left rear quarter panel trying to remove some rust. It felt soft when I was sanding, then the entire area just blew right through. I think rocks hitting up inside the wheel-well started the small rust patch, BUT I spent an hour and 3 coats of Bondo, then sanding, paint and clear coat and covered it all up. Came out alright when I was done.
Just need all of this to last until... S=0==0=N... View attachment 3239
We're driving a 2007 GL450 with close to 180k miles on it, that I hope holds together until the beginning of the year. It's being replaced by our new R1S. One of the front air shocks failed last month and it killed me to pay to get it fixed. I need an oil change now, hoping that's the last $'s I have to spend on it. It's been a good truck over the years, lots of fun family trips, but it's time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.