Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What was your color choice?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke to CJ at Rivian yesterday, (May 11th) and asked what was going on. I am a very early adopter, Nov 29th, 2018, and hoped to be one of the first to get mine. He said that my guide should contact me soon, but could not say when. I asked about rumors that certain areas, California and others will get preference? He did not confirm or deny that. I then said that I would be willing to come to Normal and pick it up myself. Apparently a lot of people have asked about this. The answer was No! Seems like there is a Covid concern as well as other concerns that were not explained.
It's May 12th now and surely someone has been contacted by Rivian? Are you the lucky one?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I reserved mine a day before you and am expecting a call/email soon, but nothing yet. I wonder if they may offer a chance to travel to a more central location if we live outside of their initial delivery zones?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I preordered an R1T LE on 11-26-2018 and I haven't heard from them yet. I live in Illinois, about an hour from Normal and I'm concerned how the Illinois Dealer lawsuit may affect my delivery. That may also affect those who would like to pickup from the factory. I'm hoping they figure out a way to deal with it.

If my order number (1350) is any indication, there are 349 people ahead of me. No word from any of them yet.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I reserved mine a day before you and am expecting a call/email soon, but nothing yet. I wonder if they may offer a chance to travel to a more central location if we live outside of their initial delivery zones?
Where about are you located?

I asked Customer Support and this is what they said:
"Home delivery will be our primary mode of delivery. A Rivian Guide will be able to provide additional information on delivery once they make their introduction! Are you a preorder holder?"

·
Registered
44 Posts
Where about are you located?

I asked Customer Support and this is what they said:
"Home delivery will be our primary mode of delivery. A Rivian Guide will be able to provide additional information on delivery once they make their introduction! Are you a preorder holder?"
TN, but I can get to just about anywhere without too much trouble.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I preordered an R1T LE on 11-26-2018 and I haven't heard from them yet. I live in Illinois, about an hour from Normal and I'm concerned how the Illinois Dealer lawsuit may affect my delivery. That may also affect those who would like to pickup from the factory. I'm hoping they figure out a way to deal with it.

If my order number (1350) is any indication, there are 349 people ahead of me. No word from any of them yet.
I think you might have one of the lower order numbers on here. When you could find out your number months ago a lot of people were getting much higher numbers.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think you might have one of the lower order numbers on here. When you could find out your number months ago a lot of people were getting much higher numbers.

I've heard of at least two other preorder holders with numbers in the 1200's. Given that I preordered on the first day it was available and my location is so close to the factory, I thought it would be a slam dunk to get it in early June. Now I'm thinking it will be the end of June or early July.
I was hoping to see the colors in person and test drive before I lock in the order, but I may end up taking delivery sight unseen if the Illinois Dealers Association lawsuit prevents them from holding events or opening the showroom in Chicago. At least we have the 7 day, 1000 mile trial period. I've pretty much made up my mind what I want anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've heard of at least two other preorder holders with numbers in the 1200's. Given that I preordered on the first day it was available and my location is so close to the factory, I thought it would be a slam dunk to get it in early June. Now I'm thinking it will be the end of June or early July.
I was hoping to see the colors in person and test drive before I lock in the order, but I may end up taking delivery sight unseen if the Illinois Dealers Association lawsuit prevents them from holding events or opening the showroom in Chicago. At least we have the 7 day, 1000 mile trial period. I've pretty much made up my mind what I want anyway.
My order number is 1234 and I'm in Seattle. Still nothing yet from a guide, but I am optimistic about contact in the next week or so.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered my within 15 minutes of the press release hitting the wires on 11/27/2018. My number was in the low 1200's (I think 1215), so hoping to hear soon. Of course, I am concerned about the geographic constraints as I am in Pennsylvania, but within an hour of Philadelphia.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm 11/28/2019 but for R1S, so I'd expect to be contacted 2 months after all you R1T early adopters. The fact that none of you have still been contacted, makes me worry of further delays. I also live in South Florida. So with all the latest buzz/rumors around geography affecting delivery, my high hopes of being one of the first R1S owners to take delivery have been quickly dwindling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I spoke to CJ at Rivian yesterday, (May 11th) and asked what was going on. I am a very early adopter, Nov 29th, 2018, and hoped to be one of the first to get mine. He said that my guide should contact me soon, but could not say when. I asked about rumors that certain areas, California and others will get preference? He did not confirm or deny that. I then said that I would be willing to come to Normal and pick it up myself. Apparently a lot of people have asked about this. The answer was No! Seems like there is a Covid concern as well as other concerns that were not explained.
It's May 12th now and surely someone has been contacted by Rivian? Are you the lucky one?
I put my deposit in 10/09/2018 and I have not heard anything as of 5/2/2021

·
Registered
797 Posts
I ordered my within 15 minutes of the press release hitting the wires on 11/27/2018. My number was in the low 1200's (I think 1215), so hoping to hear soon. Of course, I am concerned about the geographic constraints as I am in Pennsylvania, but within an hour of Philadelphia.
Hey @wkrtwo, have you heard from a Rivian guide yet since you're an early reservation holder?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've seen a few people claim these earlier dates -- did you actually put a deposit down before the vehicles were revealed?
Hey @wkrtwo, have you heard from a Rivian guide yet since you're an early reservation holder?
I'm also confused by those who claim earlier pre-order dates since the presales began officially on 11/27 as noted by @wrktwo. With wrktwo being around 215 with early day one, I guess in theory there could have been some with early access to pre-orders, but not many. I'm not sure if employees got option to early order before it was made available to public and they are included in that number. I'm sure there are some friends of Rivian that had early access. I'm a 2nd day purchaser and I'm 973 but I'm the R1S. I don't expect to hear from guide until next month earliest.

Reactions: Tim

·
Registered
44 Posts
I’m guessing the date is wrong. If the Guides are starting on the coasts, then I won’t hear anything until December. A little disappointing as an early reservation holder. I almost wish they would reach out to everyone in sequential order and just say, “it might be 2,3 or 6 months before we get to you based on your logistical position, but we’re looking at other options to help speed up the process.”

·
Registered
99 Posts
I ordered before the reveal in LA. I signed up for email notices when they started the website after they purchased the factory in Normal. I got an email on 11-26-2018 that preorders were open. I paid the $1000 within 2 hours of getting the email and ordered a LE R1T. My order number is 1350. I only live an hour from the factory, so I'm surprised that I have not been contacted yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have not heard from Rivian.....watching the forums. My bet is where you live will have the biggest influence on timing. Seems like a slow ramp up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered before the reveal in LA. I signed up for email notices when they started the website after they purchased the factory in Normal. I got an email on 11-26-2018 that preorders were open. I paid the $1000 within 2 hours of getting the email and ordered a LE R1T. My order number is 1350. I only live an hour from the factory, so I'm surprised that I have not been contacted yet.
I‘m also surprised you haven’t been contacted. If only to say, thank you for being an early adopter, but to say your estimated build timeframe. I’ll say it again, Rivian should reach out to people in sequential order just out of common courtesy. If they want/need to hold off my build until they have more from my geographical location, or want to wait until a service center is built closer to me - fine - but at least reach out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.