Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like I can configure those wheels on all the other editions, but not the Launch edition. Anyone know why?

Also can we talk about how they are $1700 more for a color change? Why?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure but I contacted support 2 days ago to ask them if the option would be available later, since I would much rather have the Black wheels. I have yet to receive a response though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As far as a 'color' change - it's more than that. They aren't just spray painted black. They are likely powder coated and then finished with some sort of scratch-resistant finish. The base rims are just straight up cast metal - no special process to manufacture them. That's why there is a price premium.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As far as a 'color' change - it's more than that. They aren't just spray painted black. They are likely powder coated and then finished with some sort of scratch-resistant finish. The base rims are just straight up cast metal - no special process to manufacture them. That's why there is a price premium.
Agree on the process, I would also prefer the black rims even fore the premium, I can't understand why you can't order the R1T LE 20 inch wheels for the R1S LE.....its the same chassis

·
Registered
23 Posts
I asked Customer Engagement on Thursday if the black rims would be available and they said I was not the first person to ask, so the answer was not, "no". It sounds like they are gathering information from emails, chats and phone calls to gauge what accessories/options they need to tweak for availability. Hopefully they can use info from these sources to update the website as well, to help prevent an excessive amount of contact with random questions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I asked Customer Engagement on Thursday if the black rims would be available and they said I was not the first person to ask, so the answer was not, "no". It sounds like they are gathering information from emails, chats and phone calls to gauge what accessories/options they need to tweak for availability. Hopefully they can use info from these sources to update the website as well, to help prevent an excessive amount of contact with random questions.
Glad you said that. I have am waiting to hear back on whether or not we can put the Launch Edition R1T 20" wheels on a Launch Edition R1S. I much prefer the R1T wheels to either of the 20" options of the R1S. Maybe if they get enough interest, they will offer all options but who knows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts