Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about making this a poll but I'd rather have people fully explain their answers to this question.

I'm very interested in hearing all the different reasons people have for being so interested in Rivian.

For me it was the styling that got me hooked, I've been a truck fan for a long time and the R1T really stood out to me. Once I learned that it was fully electric then it really got me interested in EVs in general, especially when it comes to performance haha.

Please share your thoughts/stories below!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was thinking about making this a poll but I'd rather have people fully explain their answers to this question.

I'm very interested in hearing all the different reasons people have for being so interested in Rivian.

For me it was the styling that got me hooked, I've been a truck fan for a long time and the R1T really stood out to me. Once I learned that it was fully electric then it really got me interested in EVs in general, especially when it comes to performance haha.

Please share your thoughts/stories below!
As a senior citizen, and somewhat larger than the people who like little cars, I waited for Tesla to build something I could get into like one gets into a pickup or a 1955 model car. Rivian is on schedule to be the vehicle which first meets my requirement. And the lead person seems to be a person with good standards and good intent. AND waiting another 2-3 years is not something I want to do.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi @FanFLelectric! I agree it's refreshing to see an electric vehicle that's isn't so compact. If you were looking at Teslas I imagine that the Cybertruck isn't up your alley?

Also, when you say the lead person, do you mean RJ Scaringe? because I'm with you he definitely seems to be the right man for the job as the head of Rivian.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, RJ Scaringe seems to know what is needed to build a vehicle for many of us who still drive 15 year old vehicles because they provide room inside and easy ingress and egress. Cybertruk seems to be oriented in that direction, but Tesla has not been know to produce vehicles in a timely manner. And now, I have had a deposit on a Rivian for a year, and there now are 500,000 ahead of me if the thought of changing my plans. So waiting is an issue. And I have learned that the Rivian will be a vehicle considerly like our Navigator, and Lincoln will be building a vehicle on the Rivian platform in a few years. So we are eager to hear a firm schedule from Rivian about their production schedule.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Never been a big Tesal fan... mostly because Elon just turns me off.
Rivian seems like all the stuff I like from Tesla, without all the crap.

Also... they look fantastic!

·
Registered
352 Posts
The simple fact that they're the first company to focus solely on an electric pickup truck is what got me interested in them. I'm with you @St00k, I appreciate everything Musk has done for the EV movement and he is a brilliant guy, but the stuff he does sometimes is way too weird for me.

@FanFLelectric, if the wait for your Rivian is too long would you consider getting the SUV they're working on with Lincoln instead?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts