Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I’m gathering, since there’s no CarPlay, there’s no way for my iPhone-based navigation apps to be displayed on the vehicle’s display. True? Also, how trustworthy is the built in navigation? Does it display reliable traffic information? Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
True.The first two locations I entered into the nav system resulted in taking me to the wrong place. Both requests were in the SF Bay Area, so likely the best digitally mapped region in the world. I now use Siri to do nav. I believe it'll get better. I also believe Rivian has heard the message loud and clear...we need car play and android integration. The lack of text message integration is the feature I really want first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Short answer, yes you will miss Waze... current nav doesn't even have traffic from what I can see.

Once they reach critical mass of ironing out hardware manufacturing and delivery kinks, I'm sure they will start actual feature upgrades in earnest.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Me last year: Never used CarPlay, don’t know why you need it. Just pair your phone. Lazy bum.

Me this year: I’ve rented multiple cars with CarPlay, how in the world can you live without it? I’ll literally ask to swap to another rental car just to get carplay. It’s a minivan? That’s fine.

Me to Rivian: The Lightning has carplay…just saying.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
From what I’m gathering, since there’s no CarPlay, there’s no way for my iPhone-based navigation apps to be displayed on the vehicle’s display. True? Also, how trustworthy is the built in navigation? Does it display reliable traffic information? Thanks!
That's correct there's no CarPlay yet. Hopefully Rivian wakes up and smells the coffee soon about that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts