Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how safe my deposit will be since I'm probably looking at 2024 or 2025 if I order the Explore package with the standard battery. What if Rivian went bankrupt in the meantime?

·
Registered
516 Posts
If you're worried about losing a thousand bucks you may want to reconsider spending ~ $90K on a car ... just sayin'
No way is RIVN going bankrupt in that time frame. Their stock may tank if they fail to deliver (pun intended) but they're not going to fail catastrophically.

·
Registered
465 Posts
IMO, it's highly unlikely that you will loose your deposit due to Rivian becoming insolvent in the next several years. They are well-capitalized and have pretty full order books for both consumer and commercial vehicles, with the latter under contract.

As to when you'll get the vehicle you pre-order today, it's anyone's guess. To paraphrase H L Menken, "no one ever went broke underestimating Rivian deliveries."

·
Registered
50 Posts
Rivian is a California-based company and California is one of the most progressive states. Many states have consumer protection laws that force companies to keep deposits in a separate interest-free account ... meaning that they can't be drawn on to support the business operation and they can't earn interest on YOUR money while the years go by. Perhaps someone knows more specifics about California, as I don't know the specifics. Either way, consider other problems in your life as this isn't going to be an issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. I have a first day reservation for the Cybertruck (I think I'm around # 50,000) but I think the size of the RT1 is more to my liking. I guess if I order an RT1 then I can always sell the Cybertruck if I don't like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts