Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone besides me worry that Rivian will go back to the board to try to lower build costs for those of us that reclaimed our initial cost with early reservations?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I hope they don’t sacrifice quality, but as a company they must constantly look for efficiencies and I think that is a good thing for current and future projects. I know this was not mentioned in the letters sent out, but one of the major issues with increased pricing is labor. The last two and a half years have sent the market into a spin and lower paying jobs can almost name their price increasing cost for everything from food to hospitality to healthcare and certainly the auto industry. We are all hoping for high quality products once we get our hands on them ;)

·
Registered
814 Posts
That would be really hard to do, would likely cost more than keeping everything in place, would delay deliveries to acquire new parts and components, not to mention that any changes would be noted by everyone that has already reviewed the vehicles. It would basically be a complete disaster if they tried that - worse than last week.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anyone besides me worry that Rivian will go back to the board to try to lower build costs for those of us that reclaimed our initial cost with early reservations?
The only way that Rivian succeeds is to create a brand that customers love. It was years before Tesla was even marginally profitable so success is a long-term play. Full stop.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The only way that Rivian succeeds is to create a brand that customers love. It was years before Tesla was even marginally profitable so success is a long-term play. Full stop.
Rivian is Not Tesla. It’s best not to compare anyone to Tesla. They are special and different.

Rivain should be compared to every other successful US car manufacture who has succeeded in the last 100 years.
oh wait…

It wont be easy for Rivain.

·
Registered
9 Posts
And on what exact facts to you rely upon for your "worry" that Rivian, which must survive by its quality branding or fail, is going to cut corners for those who reclaimed the initial cost? What? Tell us now.

This brand needs to succeed. We need it to succeed. You need it to succeed. So unless you have FACTS, stop trying to shank Rivian like some con in the yard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts