Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Tesla Model Y, towing capability is tied to tire/wheel choice: " Equip your Model Y with a high-strength steel tow bar and 2” hitch receiver capable of towing up to 3,500 pounds on 19” and 21” wheels or up to 2,300 pounds on 20” wheels. Tow Mode actively monitors trailer sway and adjusts wheel braking and speed".

Wondering if R1T will see any variance depending on tire/wheel choice.

Insights?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hey @Cr-R1T.
From what I can tell, towing capacity won't vary nearly as much due to wheel choices here. It almost seems to be standard across the board (see spec sheet below). I recommend reaching out to Rivian's customer service team ([email protected]) to confirm.
Text Photograph White Line Style

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hey @Cr-R1T.
From what I can tell, towing capacity won't vary nearly as much due to wheel choices here. It almost seems to be standard across the board (see spec sheet below). I recommend reaching out to Rivian's customer service team ([email protected]) to confirm.
View attachment 986
You have to think if there was a major difference in the ratings Rivian would let people know on the configurator when picking tires like Tesla.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey @Cr-R1T.
View attachment 986
Anyone else find it odd that the size of battery selected doesn’t seem to affect the weight of the vehicle? Also, why can the 400+ R1S not be had with 7 seats?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Anyone else find it odd that the size of battery selected doesn’t seem to affect the weight of the vehicle? Also, why can the 400+ R1S not be had with 7 seats?
We haven't seen a Max pack offered in the configurator for the R1S so we don't know what seating configuration will be available. But it's possible that the extra battery capacity will need to occupy space that the 3rd row would otherwise occupy. This would be similar to how the R1T is expected to lose the under-seat storage with the max pack, because the batteries will occupy that space.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts