Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, it looks like it will no longer be practical for me to purchase my R1S LE which I ordered in early 2019 (estimate delivery June - July 2022).

I believe all of the specs can still be edited, please DM me with serious offers (>$10k) to take my slot!

I also believe it's possible to transfer without too much trouble (maybe just updating contact info in my Rivian profile to the new owner), but keen to hear if anyone has done this successfully.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey everyone, it looks like it will no longer be practical for me to purchase my R1S LE which I ordered in early 2019 (estimate delivery June - July 2022).

I believe all of the specs can still be edited, please DM me with serious offers (>$10k) to take my slot!

I also believe it's possible to transfer without too much trouble (maybe just updating contact info in my Rivian profile to the new owner), but keen to hear if anyone has done this successfully.
I’m definitely interested for $5,000

·
Registered
294 Posts
Have you actually placed an order for the vehicle yet? Or just the original reservation and $1,000 deposit? If you're to receive your vehicle by June-July, 2022, would assume that the actual reservation would have to have been upgraded to a full confirmed order. If it's still allowing you to make changes to your configuration, then you likely haven't placed an actual order and just received the same general delivery estimate, via e-mail, that we all did. If such an order hasn't actually be placed yet, sounds like Rivian deliveries are behind schedule. Even for the big manufacturers, its about a 6 month wait from the time you place an actual order. Any full orders not yet confirmed are likely looking at August as the earliest delivery date, assuming you can place the order this month and assuming that there are no further delays in production. I have a similar e-mailed delivery window and haven't been able to place an actual order yet. Thus expect that I won't be getting it by the date originally quoted. I have a Ford on order as well, that is a confirmed order at it's a 6-month wait time. Rivian has that much time to take my actual order, otherwise, I'll be cancelling my reservation or offering it to someone else as well and proceed with the purchase of the F-150.

·
Registered
99 Posts
One of the non-employee deliveries in December only got a 2 week notice to confirm his order before he took delivery, based on the interview of Matt on the YouTube channel "Rivian Stories".

I have a March-April delivery window and I still have not heard from my Guide. From what I have seen, here and on other forums, we will only have a few weeks notice to confirm the order.

·
Registered
4 Posts
One of the non-employee deliveries in December only got a 2 week notice to confirm his order before he took delivery, based on the interview of Matt on the YouTube channel "Rivian Stories".

I have a March-April delivery window and I still have not heard from my Guide. From what I have seen, here and on other forums, we will only have a few weeks notice to confirm the order.
My neighbor was given less than a week. He is an employee so guessing he had much of the purchase details already worked out but they called him midweek and said they’d have his vehicle on Monday and wanted to know what he wanted to do in terms of trade-in.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I checked a couple months ago with customer service asking whether I could give/transfer my spot for an R1S due to be delivered between October-December 2022 and was told that they do not allow transference of reservations.

·
Registered
116 Posts
This whole thread has to be a joke right? People are looking for 10K for a worthless spot in a reservation line?! Someone is actually willing to pay 5K for said worthless spot?!

We're 2 months into the year and Rivian has gone backwards....the windows are a joke.

·
Registered
116 Posts
This whole thread has to be a joke right? People are looking for 10K for a worthless spot in a reservation line?! Someone is actually willing to pay 5K for said worthless spot?!

We're 2 months into the year and Rivian has gone backwards....the windows are a joke.
I understand that this wasn't exactly the point of your post, but just out of curiosity, what makes you say "Rivian has gone backwards"? I keep seeing these pessimistic posts, but am yet to see anyone actually elaborate on them, beyond "oh, they haven't provided me with any updates."

I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment of the spot in the reservation line as "worthless." While I personally wouldn't pay $10k (or even $5k) for it, the fact that quite a few people are, makes it worth at least something. Furthermore, unless you think Rivian will never produce these vehicles, I feel very comfortable saying that early deliveries will easily bring a far higher premium than $10k (hell, dealerships around me are adding $5k-$10k on Mach-Es and Ioniq 5s, and those are cars that are nearly half the price of an R1T/R1S).

·
Registered
36 Posts
My neighbor was given less than a week. He is an employee so guessing he had much of the purchase details already worked out but they called him midweek and said they’d have his vehicle on Monday and wanted to know what he wanted to do in terms of trade-in.
What color ? Post a picture

·
Registered
116 Posts
I understand that this wasn't exactly the point of your post, but just out of curiosity, what makes you say "Rivian has gone backwards"? I keep seeing these pessimistic posts, but am yet to see anyone actually elaborate on them, beyond "oh, they haven't provided me with any updates."

I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment of the spot in the reservation line as "worthless." While I personally wouldn't pay $10k (or even $5k) for it, the fact that quite a few people are, makes it worth at least something. Furthermore, unless you think Rivian will never produce these vehicles, I feel very comfortable saying that early deliveries will easily bring a far higher premium than $10k (hell, dealerships around me are adding $5k-$10k on Mach-Es and Ioniq 5s, and those are cars that are nearly half the price of an R1T/R1S).
They missed their paltry 2021 delivery quota and then shut the line down in January for week (or so we're told). I'd take that as going backwards. Their most recent aspiration is to get to 200 units a week production...maybe they have, I'm guessing they haven't. Stock below IPO value. Communication remains folksy, useless and contrived. Test drives appear to have dried up with many day one res holders never having been contacted.

This and other forums contain a sizeable percentage of reservation holders and yet there remains practically zero evidence of 'average Joe' deliveries.

6 weeks into 2022, how many have they made? 1000? 500? Doubtul. If they have, where are they? The parking lot in Normal?

We'll know more on with the earnings report next month but it can only be bad news. Expect delivery windows to be pushed; a quarter, 2? Who knows

That's why a spot it worthless. A truck, maybe you'll sell with mark up - maybe. But a spot for nothing is worth nothing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ha! Wrong! A spot is actually worth exactly what someone else will pay for it...
And since apparently a number of spots have already been sold for $10K, there is a precedent.
Not saying that it is right or wrong.
Show me a receipt.

Reactions: TessP100D

·
Registered
825 Posts
I'm not selling mine, but I have had DM's on this board from people looking to buy, and others on here were making offers. Search it. I'm not debating it, just telling you that it is happening. Is it really that shocking? Dealers are charging massive mark-ups on ICE vehicles and it has recently been covered by national news outlets.

·
Registered
11 Posts

ANYONE THAT PAYS ANYTHING OVER MSRP IS A FOOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
3 Posts

You’re trying to sell your slot in line to other people for $10,000??? You’re just as bad if not worse than the Ford dealers and Bronco markups and holding peoples vehicles hostage. I wish Rivian could just cancel your reservation so you get nothing. Asshole move man.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts