Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a year since I made a reservation and I am so ready to do my trim configurations. Anyway, when I went to the local event to see the vehicles last year the rep said there was no plan to have a winch mount space in the front. Are there companies working with Rivian to make such aftermarket items? I do a lot of significant off-pavement/off-road fieldwork and I can say that no matter how much power a vehicle has, you can still get stuck. Also, you may need a winch to pull out your buddies' truck or a tree on the track. It's a typical 4x4 item.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same question regarding other aftermarket bits (stuff like frame supported roof rack, awning, overlanding type stuff). I'm not/wouldn't normally be overly concerned about "voiding a warranty" but in this instance I'm not sure I'd want a "regular mechanic" tinkering around with a "car" that may actually be more akin to a computer. I'm not an expert when it comes to cars or computers FWIW.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's been a year since I made a reservation and I am so ready to do my trim configurations. Anyway, when I went to the local event to see the vehicles last year the rep said there was no plan to have a winch mount space in the front. Are there companies working with Rivian to make such aftermarket items? I do a lot of significant off-pavement/off-road fieldwork and I can say that no matter how much power a vehicle has, you can still get stuck. Also, you may need a winch to pull out your buddies' truck or a tree on the track. It's a typical 4x4 item.
I would be interested in know if Rivian has a connection for a tower or at least a solid point of connection in front. I would think the front hooks would be a solid point of connection if I need to go to an aftermarket supplier. Anyone else have this concern?

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are two tow hooks on the front but I don't know about there being connection points. I live in an area filled with deer and elk. I've already ruined one car driving at night. It would be nice to have a deer guard bumper available from someone. The winch is a bigger issue as it both takes a bumper and also power connections. Thought about a hitch mounted winch but again, power availability. Any ideas?

·
Registered
461 Posts
There are two tow hooks on the front but I don't know about there being connection points. I live in an area filled with deer and elk. I've already ruined one car driving at night. It would be nice to have a deer guard bumper available from someone. The winch is a bigger issue as it both takes a bumper and also power connections. Thought about a hitch mounted winch but again, power availability. Any ideas?
Nothing confirmed officially, yet, but I'd hope Rivian has accounted for these use cases, given their "adventure vehicle" branding.

I'm also hoping we'll have some relays or an accessory harness we can connect to, with customizable buttons in the UI for accessories like winch/lighting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts