Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Long time reader, first time poster…
I had a question regarding the bufferting effect that can sometimes happen when just one front or the the rear windows are down while driving at highway speeds. Our forester does it so bad that we cannot open those windows without also opening the front to equalize the pressure some wind is nice, too much is not. Has anyone with an R1T tried this and what was the effect? Anyone want to post a “driving with the windows down” video so we can hear/see the effect?
Do you also see a future or have any insights into the possibility for a back window opening, slider, or cat-flap to help mitigate this further?
Thanks!

·
Registered
R1T Launch Edition
4 Posts
Hi everyone,
Long time reader, first time poster…
I had a question regarding the bufferting effect that can sometimes happen when just one front or the the rear windows are down while driving at highway speeds. Our forester does it so bad that we cannot open those windows without also opening the front to equalize the pressure some wind is nice, too much is not. Has anyone with an R1T tried this and what was the effect? Anyone want to post a “driving with the windows down” video so we can hear/see the effect?
Do you also see a future or have any insights into the possibility for a back window opening, slider, or cat-flap to help mitigate this further?
Thanks!
I would also like to follow this, similar experience window buffeting is pretty bad. I would like a door window visor accessory to fix this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is an effect of air pressure called the Helmholtz Resonance and it's becoming more prevalent as vehicles get more aerodynamic and isn't specific to any one vehicle. Some solutions exist, but they always have tradeoffs - extra wind resistance, extra noise, etc. Here is a quick article on it:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts